PDA

View Full Version : What's good @ TANGIERINE CAFE ?

frakers
08-08-2008, 09:22 AM
I have FINALLY convinced my DH to try Tangierine Cafe after numerous attempts on countless trips. Now, I need opinions on what's best there and what to avoid. (One hint on us: We don't like sweet flavors on meats/vegs). Thanks for the help!

Aggie97
08-08-2008, 09:36 AM
We enjoy the Chicken Shawarma Platter, which is served with Moroccan bread, hummus, tabbouleh and couscous. :mickey:

ElenitaB
08-08-2008, 02:49 PM
I've had the chicken and lamb shawarma platter which was served with the same sides as listed above. It's a very generous serving and two could share. It was very good but the highlight was the couscous salad. I made couscous at home and eat it here locally at our many Middle Eastern restaurants. Theirs was the BEST I've ever had. In fact, next time I'm down at WDW I'm going to ask for their recipe.

My DS has had their pizza and it was inedible due to someone being overly zealous with the salt (I would have returned it but he was embarassed).

We also had their baklava and it was waaaaay too sweet to eat.

Kairi_7378
08-09-2008, 01:09 PM
I have had both the chicken and lamb shwarma platters and think that the lamb is superior to the chicken. I agree with ElenitaB... the couscous is great! And the shwarma platters are easily sharable by two adults. Enjoy!

Mickey 101
08-09-2008, 05:39 PM
I always get the vegetarian platter, which has the sides mentioned above in the shawarma platters. It's really delicious and I crave it until my next trip back to WDW! :thumbsup: Others in my family go for the lamb and chicken and also really enjoy those.

Natazu
08-09-2008, 07:47 PM
The chicken or lamb shawarma platters are very good. The meat is tender and wonderfully seasoned. If you don't like sweet sauces on meat, probably stay away from the meatballs.

Miladymorgane
08-23-2008, 10:28 PM
I go with the chicken and lamb platter and i agree with Elenita about the cous-cous out of this world. i was trying to convince my family forever to eat there with me and they wouldn't. finally the last trip i said im going by myself and they came. now its the first place they want to eat when we go in october.

passholderryan
08-25-2008, 01:01 PM
If you want an adult beverage, stop by thier pastry area and ask for a Tangierine Cocktail. The best drinks at Epcot on a sunny day!!!

maxrebo77
08-25-2008, 01:33 PM
The Chicken Shawarma was great. My only problem there last year was the wait. It turns out they were backed up because although the childs meals come with carrots and apples, you can get french fries on request. They didn't make my food until every child in there got pizza and french fries! I kept thinking pizza and fries? That combo wouldn't have even sounded good to me as a kid. Not that my parents would have let me eat it anyway. Had to wait at Tangerine because of a backup in pizza and fries. Didn't sound right to me.

maxrebo77
08-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Try to time it to sit outside and catch Mo"rockin.
Also the label from Casablanca beer peels off easily and makes a nice suvie.:secret:

anneb
08-25-2008, 05:42 PM
I recommend the vegetarian platter - the hummous, couscous and tabboulah are very, very good. I never do vegetarian anywhere else, but this is the best thing on the menu. It's very good - and coming from someone who married into a family originally from the Middle East, that's quite a compliment.

ElenitaB
08-26-2008, 06:28 PM
They didn't make my food until every child in there got pizza and french fries! I kept thinking pizza and fries? That combo wouldn't have even sounded good to me as a kid. Not that my parents would have let me eat it anyway. Had to wait at Tangerine because of a backup in pizza and fries. Didn't sound right to me.
Not to stereotype (which probably means that I am), but I had never heard of that combination either until I frequented some restaurants in a Middle Eastern/Israeli part of Brooklyn. I wonder if it's not uncommon there. :confused:

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
08-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I always get the vegetarian platter, which has the sides mentioned above in the shawarma platters. It's really delicious and I crave it until my next trip back to WDW! :thumbsup: Others in my family go for the lamb and chicken and also really enjoy those.

We always get a couple of vegetarian platters when we "eat around the world"!