PDA

View Full Version : Epcot hours

MichaelMouse
08-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Anyone know why future world closes sooo early?? That includes figment and honey I shrunk the audience. Two good rides/show. Kinda foolish.

Also, why does Epcot close earlier then the MK. Afterall, it's more of an adult park and can be very fun when walking the countries trying different wines,beers, etc., which we do anyway. This park should have later closing hours, not including EMH.

Any comments??:mickey::confused:

chrisb26
08-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Not sure why Future World closes earlier. I guess cause World Showcase opens about 2 hours after the rest of the park.

However I have noticed over the last few years most of the rides in Future World do stay open until the park does close which is nice.

I also agree I would love if they kept Epcot open later then 9 p.m since Epcot is so amazing at night to walk around especially World Showcase I do wish we could have more time to walk around it.

PittFan
08-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Maybe since PI is closed they could stay open a little later. I know we'd take advantage of a few late hours there instead of going off property.

MichaelMouse
08-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Maybe since PI is closed they could stay open a little later. I know we'd take advantage of a few late hours there instead of going off property.

This is exactly what Disney does not want. Their guests to venture out off their proerty. Something the Disney Execs should think about doing...................extending Epcot hours.

TINKERBELL_82
08-08-2008, 10:34 AM
This is exactly what Disney does not want. Their guests to venture out off their proerty. Something the Disney Execs should think about doing...................extending Epcot hours.

My thoughts Exactly!

However- I do wonder if they worry about some people imbibing just a little too much...

I've seen it first hand at Epcot (at the F&W festival) and it's not good, especially with little kids around. At least at PI it was adults only...

TheRustyScupper
08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
1) Just simple economics.
. . . people migrate to World Showcase
. . . without crowds on rides, manpower is wasted
. . . there are not enough rides to hold the masses
2) After lunch, FW isn't usually very crowded at all (except high season & holidays).
3) After all, how many exhibits are there really in Future World?
4) After doing some of the rides, catching them again isn't a big priority.

MichaelMouse
08-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Makes sense. The last thing we would want to see is crazy drunks running "around the World."

Also, yeah the world showcase definitely lacks rides. It would be nice if every country had a ride like the Mexcian ride that honors each countries culture and way of life past and present. That would keep us busy......

:mickey::mickey::beer:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-08-2008, 05:29 PM
1) Just simple economics.
. . . people migrate to World Showcase
. . . without crowds on rides, manpower is wasted
. . . there are not enough rides to hold the masses
2) After lunch, FW isn't usually very crowded at all (except high season & holidays).
3) After all, how many exhibits are there really in Future World?
4) After doing some of the rides, catching them again isn't a big priority.

Makes sense to me, we usually gravitate to WS anyway

CaptSmee
08-08-2008, 05:31 PM
for most of the year Epcot is open later than the other parks. MK, DHS, and AK all tend to close shop earlier than 9 most of the year.

bruin1344
08-08-2008, 10:46 PM
i believe they keep the popular attractions in fw like soarin, test track, & mission space opened until park closes