PDA

View Full Version : New Years Fireworks at CSR

Mousemates
08-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Last year we got an added bonus while staying at the Pop on New Years Eve...for while standing on the back balcony of our building (overlooking the lake to the unopened classic section)....we had a panoramic view of five large fireworks shows....I guess all the disney ones, universal and/or a municipality off in the distance.

So anyway we were just wondering how the new years eve fireworks viewing is from the CSR and if there is a best place to be able to enjoy the action?

MNNHFLTX
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
I have never heard of a place to view the fireworks at Epcot from Coronado Springs and I assume that the Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney fireworks are too far away (although perhaps someone who has stayed there more recently will be able to clarify this). I think it's because the buildings at Coronado Springs are only two stories high, while those at Pop Century are four stories high (at least that's my best guess). That said, on New Year's Eve I'm sure there are many nearby communities with fireworks shows. And since Floridians love setting off their own fireworks, it's even possible that some of what you saw were just local residents doing their own display. So between all the Disney fireworks and the local ones (Celebration township, maybe?) you will probably be able to see something.

buzz2001
08-12-2008, 07:47 AM
From casitas 4 & 5, on the upper floors, you can see fireworks from MGM and Epcot. You can also see them from theparth around hte lake by the main building.