PDA

View Full Version : Planet Hollywood

sndral
08-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Ok, got my vouchers the other day and amongst them was $15 off for Planet Hollywood. Don't know whether I'll use it or not, actually since I have 2 reservations (my son's and mine) we'll have $30 - anyone have any experiences there? Also, won't it be really crowded if everyone w/ packages got these vouchers?

KAT1811
08-07-2008, 04:31 PM
We ate there one year after La Nouba. I'm not even sure how we ended up there but I can say that I won't be back anytime soon or most likely ever again. There are so many wonderful restaurants in WDW I wouldn't waste my time on Planet Hollywood.

Ropachs
08-07-2008, 05:06 PM
We also have a total of $30 for PH, but I doubt we'll go as we purchased the DDP. We have a PH about an hour away so if we really want to go, we can anytime, and we can't say that about the other Disney restaurants!
I did go to the DTD PH about 10 years ago and the food was typical and average. Still had to pay the tax, gratuity, and for drinks...would've rather had a CS meal somewhere else for the same amount of money.

ftwildernesskid
08-07-2008, 06:00 PM
On our last trip we also had $30 worth of vouchers for Planet Hollywood. We also had the dining plan and weren't sure if we would even use them, but on the day we were leaving we decided to use them before lunch and do some shopping at DTD. While I wouldn't choose Planet Hollywood over any Disney TS, our meal was good, and our kids loved wandering around looking at all the decor. So I'd say, if you have time to go, go. It's free, so you have nothing to lose.

Crow
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Ive eaten there a few times & its not bad. many dont seem to like it, but its not bad & has some atmosphere.
Use the voucher if you can.

#1disneyfan
08-07-2008, 09:29 PM
I would say if you can use them, use them. Especially if you find yourself in DTD and are short a meal on the DDP! Have a great trip.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-07-2008, 09:58 PM
You could always use your DDP for a counter breakfast one day and then use the certificates for lunch at PH.

disneyfan328
08-07-2008, 10:03 PM
While I know that a lot of intercotters don't like PH. We ate there last year and thought the food was good. I guess along the lines of Applesbees but better I thought. While it was really and i do mean really loud, we enjoyed the atmosphere and looking at all of the memorabilia. We had the DDP and ended up eating here due to the teppanyaki not opening on time While we still wished we could have eaten there we didn't think PH was bad. We don't have one anywhere near us so this was our one and only expierience with them.

DD didn't like the steak and cheese hoagie thing, they brought her something else at no charge. DH and I thought the food (especially the Texas Tostadas appetizer were really good!!) I would say to give it a try for lunch.

stitch'sgirl
08-07-2008, 11:47 PM
When we were at DW last year, my DB and I ended up eating there two or three times in the timespan of 6 days because I had no clue about reservations at the time. Overall, it's a decent place to eat. A bit better than Applebee's but if you can get in somewhere else with your DDP, go for it. My DB loved it, but I only went along with it because it was all we could get at the time. The food was ok, but I just got tired of it quickly.:mickey:

sndral
08-08-2008, 12:27 AM
We actually have 2 TS that use 2 DDPs ea - Cindy's castle & Hoop de doo, so we have an 'empty.' Let's see - sleep in, nice boat ride from POFQ to DTD, a little shopping, light lunch @ Planet Hollywood then off to a park & cs there for dinner - could work.

:bfly::bfly::bfly:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-08-2008, 09:52 AM
I wonder if you can use them for takeout? It would be nice to pick up some desserts to go while you do your shopping at DTD:blush:

ChipDale2708
08-08-2008, 10:13 AM
I would say use the vouchers. We really like PH, however I don't think I've ever had a full meal there. Generally we get two or three appetizers and drinks. The Captain Crunch chicken is delicious! I have the recipe, but somehow it never comes out quite the same as theirs. We usually go when we do our DTD shopping. 73 more days!! :mickey:

MickeyMousse
08-08-2008, 10:43 AM
We ate there back in November and the food was good and there was no wait-we walked right in and were seated.:thumbsup: Service was good, too-we didn't have to ask for anything.
It's a place we plan on eating at again in 2/09!

bruin1344
08-08-2008, 10:32 PM
mediocre, rather eat at other restaurants

AmandaChan
08-09-2008, 08:48 AM
We always get the voucher and the last time we went we redeemed it. It was really simple and if you make reservations you shouldn't have ANY trouble getting in. That place is always crowded -- it's Planet Hollywood at Disney! But I've never known it to affect the service/meals. Everything has always been decent.

Bringonthemouse!
08-09-2008, 10:34 AM
We actually have 2 TS that use 2 DDPs ea - Cindy's castle & Hoop de doo, so we have an 'empty.' Let's see - sleep in, nice boat ride from POFQ to DTD, a little shopping, light lunch @ Planet Hollywood then off to a park & cs there for dinner - could work.

:bfly::bfly::bfly:

I think that sounds like a great plan!!! Go for it!