PDA

View Full Version : Height Requirements

Urbss
08-07-2008, 04:17 PM
How strict is the Height Requirements enforced?

We are leaving in 36 days. We measured my son the other night and he just came to 4o inches with his sneakers on. So, I'm sure their measuring sticks or whatever at the parks may be a little different than our tape. I was just wondering if he would still be able to go on the stuff that required 40" or more if he is at least close.

Thanks!!!

tys_mommy
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
40 inches is 40 inches and rules are rules.

They will measure him at each ride, if he is actually 40 inches then he can ride.

sdewan
08-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Usually the cast member will make the child stand up under the measurement bar, and as long as the hair is touching the bottom of the bar, it's good. Sometimes the cast member will try to pass a finger between the head and the bar, and if it doesn't fit, then the child will be "close enough". But if the cast member can get his fingers in between, there's no way they'll let the child on.

Have your son wear thick socks that day if you think he's borderline. Just kidding. But we have a special pair of flip flops for my daughter with 1" soles that we will bring for that reason.

Strmchsr
08-07-2008, 05:00 PM
They are extremely strict as this is a safety issue. And they know the tricks some less than ethical parents try to get around the height requirement (fluffing the hair up, big soled shoes, etc). If you measured and your son is close it shouldn't be a problem, but if there's a ride he's under on it's just a good excuse to go back! :mickey:

disneygeek84
08-07-2008, 05:01 PM
It sometimes depends on the CM that measures your son. Some of the CMs won't let them on if they can pass the sick over their head, but then some will if they're close enough. So if he's really really close and the CM won't let him on, try again the next time to see if the next one will let him on. It's always worth a try, IMO.

Imagineer1981
08-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Trust me, doing this to a child is the worse thing ever. I hated measuring kids cause they break your heart when they can't go....but remember, its for THEIR SAFETY!!!!!!! So many parents get angry, but fail to realize their child could be hurt if they are not the right height to be restrained properly

bkfree
08-07-2008, 05:56 PM
On our last trip my daughter was on the line with a few rides.
I told her wellbefore our trip which rides she may or may not get to ride. So she was fully prepared for it to go either way.

By the time we went she was fully over the height requirement, but she was ready to ride or not ride.

She also knew that it was a safety issue and we never fudge on that around here.

dephenn
08-07-2008, 06:58 PM
I have seen CM do everything right and tell people that the DD or DS is to small only to have there accurate measurement be over turned by a manager. My heart goes out to any CM that does their job only to be embarrassed by a spineless manager. If we were ever told that or DD was to short then we would have accepted that. Her safety is #1.

laward32
08-09-2008, 12:13 PM
On our trip in Dec 06 my youngest DD5 was right at 49", she got to ride TOT, Dinosaur, TT, BTMRR. When we went to ride Splash Mt the CM turned her away. I was tempted to push the issue, since she had already been on everything else 40". I am not that kind of person so I just let it go. I just took her back on BTMMR and she was fine. We all finally got to ride it in Oct 07, there was no way they could deny her this time.:mickey: