PDA

View Full Version : Quiet birthday meal?

KEH113
08-07-2008, 03:39 PM
The morning we depart for home is DH's birthday. I'd like to plan a nice birthday breakfast or early lunch before we leave. Can anyone recommend a nice upscale, semi-quiet (no characters & not too crazy) place to have a nice birthday meal? Thanks!

TwoTinyWings
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
I'd recommend the Kona Cafe at the Poly for breakfast. It's been relaxing and quiet when we've been there, and the breakfast items are quite tasty (and generously portioned). It's a bit upscale without being stuffy, and you can't beat the Poly atrium for a great backdrop. Check out the menu (I believe it's posted in the menus section here) and see if it's right for you and your husband. Hope you have a great celebration!

RockinRobin
08-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Boatwrights at POR is very good. Nice and quiet with good food. We always have our last breakfast here on the day we leave to go home.

Ropachs
08-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Ditto the last poster!

SBETigg
08-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Boma has an extensive breakfast buffet, no characters, but I'm not sure it's quiet. Grand Floridian Cafe is also a nice choice for breakfast or lunch, very peaceful and relaxed.

mdricks
08-07-2008, 05:22 PM
My next trip will be during my birthday so in the hopes my wife sees this post ....

I suggest you go to dinner the night before and take him to Victoria and Albert's. :D

KEH113
08-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. We already have ADR's at Kona & Boma. They are two of our favorites. I will look into Boatwrights for sure. Is the Grand Floridian Cafe any good?

Victoria & Albert's sounds wonderful, however we will have our 2 yr old & 9 year old with us so that probably wouldn't work. :shake: