PDA

View Full Version : Boma - is it good?

Ksmith75
08-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi there, we are going to Disney in spring 2009 for the 3rd year in a row. We havent tried Boma yet, but we are thinking of having dinner there....can anyone comment on the restaurant? Thanks!:marg:

KEH113
08-07-2008, 03:26 PM
I guess it depends on your tastes, but we absolutely love Boma. We always make a point to have a dinner and breakfast there. They have a huge variety of African specialties, which are great if you love to try new foods. They also always have prime rib, soups & the usual children's offerings (chicken fingers, pasta, mac & cheese, fries) for the non-adventurous eaters.

RedSoxFan
08-07-2008, 04:10 PM
We liked Boma's. They have a variety of foods for everyone's taste. Even my 4 picky kids enjoyed eating there.

joonyer
08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
We also loved Boma. (Dinner) There's lots more exotic fare there than most places, but they also have comfort food items if you have kids who are picky eaters. Everyone in our family found at least one new dish they really liked. And everybody will love the Zebra Domes!

2Princesses4Us
08-07-2008, 04:14 PM
we LOVED Boma....it has so many wonderful things to try... we loved the soups! I must have eaten three bowls (in May no less!)

Give it a try... I really think that it is so nice that there are restaurants that don't just serve chicken nuggets and french fries!

:)

xipetotec
08-07-2008, 04:18 PM
We did boma for both a dinner and a breakfast while staying at AKV. Loved it for both! :number1:

vicster
08-07-2008, 04:23 PM
LOVE Boma - eating there again next month!!! Go for it!

Goes4FastPass
08-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Many people like Boma and we're part of that group.

When a question about Boma comes up someone eventually posts an answer with words like 'weird'. Jimminy Cricket recently told me many of those people haven't actually eaten at Boma - that they were speculating about what they think it would be like...

dmosher
08-07-2008, 04:31 PM
We have not had dinner there but the breakfast was pretty good. Even had some interesting flavors added to what would normally be your average breakfast at Disney and made it a little something special.
:pipes:
D

brad192
08-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Ate there my last trip & loved it! Many selections for all kinds of tastes. The coconut curry seafood stew is awesome! It's on my "must do" list from now on. :thumbsup:

ftwildernesskid
08-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Boma is one of my favorites, and my husband's very favorite TS. We loved tasting all the yummy things on the buffet. We all found things we loved. Plus we loved wandering around the AKL before and after dinner.

tink2006
08-07-2008, 06:16 PM
We ate there (dinner) for the first time on our last trip. I am somewhat of a picky eater, DH and DS15 are more adventurous. All three of us enjoyed it very much. It was fun coming back to the table to see what everybody picked - everything was very good! There is definitely something for all tastes. That said....after the meal I asked everybody if it was a "keeper". Unanimous reponse...no. I guess It just isn't for us but I think everybody should try it once and decide for themeselves. The hotel is beautiful so please take the time to walk around!

Mousemates
08-07-2008, 06:17 PM
we loved it...even my picky DS (14)

Hull-onian
08-07-2008, 06:20 PM
My only recommendation on Boma is to get the first seating. It gets really crowded and the lines are slow. We sent the kids to do dessert while we picked their dinner. We all got back to our seats at about the same time and didn't have to get back in line for dessert. Our server was terrific. She brought water and drinks and we did not even have to ask. It was great.