PDA

View Full Version : Cold water fountains in the parks?

disneycutie165
08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
We went to Hershey park 2 months ago and we were impressed with the cold water fountains. This is a Strange question, but are there cold water fountains in Disney? This would help because in August it is said to be very hot. Thanks!

Arnold Simba
08-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Good Luck! A lot of the fountains are not sheltered, meaning that the water will be lukewarm at best. I think this was a concious decision by Disney to get guests to buy more bottled water at $2.50 a pop.

vicster
08-07-2008, 02:40 PM
I have to agree with Arnold - the water is usually warm in the fountains which pretty much forces you to buy bottled water.

GrumpyFan
08-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Even if the fountain were chilled, the water tastes really bad. It has a real salty taste to it that makes you want to spit it back out.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-07-2008, 03:12 PM
It may be cool sometimes, but definitely not cold

dnickels
08-07-2008, 05:38 PM
The water tastes fine! It won't be coming out at 32 degrees, but the fountains get enough use that it's hardly 'warm.'

How do those commercials go? Two hours.... ....forever in a landfill?

Imagineer1981
08-07-2008, 05:43 PM
I gotta agree with the salty comment...YUCK:sick:

MickeyChick
08-07-2008, 06:43 PM
I'll be bringing my insulated water bottle and filling it from the water fountains--cold or not so much. I don't want to make my carbon footprint any bigger.

And I certainly don't want to waste my snack credits on water. Bleh.

Hull-onian
08-07-2008, 06:47 PM
I have never had any luck with the water :sick: fountains, therefore, bottle water for me.

Grumpy's Daughter
08-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Or you can do like we do.... go to the counter service locations and ask for a cup of ice water. Perfectly refreshing, very cold, and FREE!

Mousemates
08-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Or you can do like we do.... go to the counter service locations and ask for a cup of ice water. Perfectly refreshing, very cold, and FREE!

We utiize your plan plus the water bottles...most of the ice in the park is small enough to fit in the mouth of our insulated water bottles, so we drink off the cold water, put the ice in bottles, refill with fountain water (and Crystal light)

homeschool mom
08-07-2008, 09:48 PM
We also requested glasses of ice water at the CS spots on our last trip. It was very good water and very refreshing!

indytraveler
08-08-2008, 12:12 AM
will try the cup of ice water next time. we bring frozen water bottles and let ice melt then re-fill with water fountain water... :ack: but at least it's wet.

theyoungs07
08-08-2008, 03:47 PM
It's been a while since I've been there, but I remember my wife and I found several indoor fountains a day. We found the indoor fountains were much better than the outdoor ones. I wish I could tell you where, but I don't remember...I just think they were in waiting areas for rides, showrooms...etc.

May 00, ASMU, just the two of us
Nov 08, offsite, just the seven of us :mickey:

TINKERBELL_82
08-08-2008, 04:03 PM
I'll let you in on my secret water fountain. Its right next to the restrooms before you enter Epcot. The water is always super cold and refreshing, and I live in Florida so it tastes fine to me. :mickey:

We normally fill up our bottles there either leaving or going to Epcot.

doodleboy
08-08-2008, 04:09 PM

We do the same, but I have noticed depending on where you are you get different service. Some places will give you the full size soda cup with lid with 20oz. or so of ice water. Others will give you an 8oz plastic cup with ice only and tell you to use a fountain to fill it up. I have had this happen mostly at HS.