PDA

View Full Version : StoryTelling Experience

Urbss
08-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Everyone!!

We booked our trip through AAA and it comes with a free StoryTelling experience for the kids at the Magic Kingdom. So, we booked the date and time for this.

My question to all of you is; have any of you done this? What was it like? How long was it? Do you stay with your child?

I obviously have no idea what to expect.

Thanks,
Tom

disneyfan328
08-07-2008, 03:29 PM
We did this last year on our September trip. You have to book it 90 days out and it only happens on certain days. It is located in the Magic Kingdom in the Town Square in the back of the Photo place (the right hand side when you are coming from the entrance) Town Hall is the name of the bldg I believe. They won't be able to tell you which character it is you will meet, but from what I have gathered it is a character not out in public as much. We had Peter Pan and he was very good. He reads them a short story (he was very animated and talked to the younger kids who all get to sit up front on the floor with him the whole time.) he then takes the time to sign autographs and get pictures with each child. I think it took up about 45 mins or so? It was air conditioned and my DH got a much needed cat nap. I thought it was great and have heard that sometimes it is the Fairy God Mother that reads as well. I am not sure who all else has had someone different but hopefully someone else will come along with that info. I thought it was worth it for the one on one time with a character and the air conditioning!! I think they do it about 4 times a day on the days that they do it as well and the little area hold probably 30 people?

I would probably do it again when we go back. and yes you stay with your child. We got vouchers for all 5 of us in the party.