PDA

View Full Version : Spectro - overkill

MichaelMouse
08-07-2008, 12:24 PM
I don;t know about anyone else out there but I was in WDW last month and i must say having Spectro Magic at 9pm and 11pm is a bit ridiculous. By the time the parade is through frontierland, over a half hour is gone and it is ready to go again less then an hour and half later.

By our mid vacation, we were doing everything possible to avoid the parade route, mostly being contained from the Haunted Mansion to tomorrowland. I felt like I was being chased by the floats. Everywhere we turned there it was: Spectro Magic. It was like a horror flick where you run and the chaser is still right behind you.

It's a wonderful parade, but when your there for a week straight and your at the MK for 3-6 nights out of the vacation, Spectro Magic gets a little played out when they run it twice a night.

Whats the Big reason for this? and is it worth running it twice a night?:mickey::confused::confused::confused:

BraddyB
08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Sounds like you found Disney's new ride.......The Attack of Spectro Magic

brewcrew26
08-07-2008, 12:34 PM
IMHO I think the two parades are great. I've never had a problem of getting chased by floats (although when I read your post I did have the Psycho theme running through my head). I like that we can do rides up until 10 or so and then watch the parade before leaving the park.

I think in a lot of people's cases, they're not staying on-site for 7 days plus so they need the opportunity for 2 parades so they can see all the attractions during a day plus the parades. In low seasons, definitely overkill, but during summer, I personally think its a good call.

But, I loooove Spectromagic and would sit and watch it more than a few times each vacation.

KAJUNKING
08-07-2008, 12:37 PM
i can only watch any of the parades only once per trip, i just don't get a whole lot out of them, would much rather 2 firework shows per night they are much more impressive IMHO

Goes4FastPass
08-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Anyone who goes to the MK at night 3-6 times in a single trip better like SpectroMagic as much as I do.

2 parades on the same night is great, especially since many of the stroller folks leave after parade number 1.

Obviously, it would cost more to run Wishes twice and SpectroMagic once on the same night.

If you're 'suffer' from 'Spectro burn-out' you could take advantage of parade time to visit headliner attractions away from the parade route. Teh lines are shorter then because the rest of us are glimmering, shimmering, celebrating...

MichaelMouse
08-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Don't get me wrong here. I love the parade and out of all the parks disney has to offer, the Magic Kingdom is my favorite. And yes, I do try to take advantage of smaller lines on popular rides which didn't seem to work out that great this time.

Unfortunately, the fireworks show is more expensive but I would enjoy Wishes twice a night vs. Spectro.

I think I'm on to something here a Disney Horror flick.....being chased by Spectro floats. ewww Scary.

Faver
08-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I think the two parade times are great! If your finishing up your day, and the kids are exhausted, but excited for SpectroMagic 9pm works great....

If you've taken a mid day break, and/or night owls, then the 11pm is wonderful....

I've done both, and really appreciate Disney going above and beyond to make sure their guests are safisfied.:thumbsup:

shepherdgirl
08-07-2008, 02:46 PM
I like the idea of two opportunities for shorter lines while lots of folks enjoy the parade!

Imagineer1981
08-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Its a great idea because it helps families with younger kids leave earlier and lets adults or anyone who has seen it play on the rides with shorter lines

Mousemates
08-07-2008, 06:12 PM
I love two parades....both siphon off lots of folks from the rides so if you don't do the parade, you can get some serious riding in.

MickeyChick
08-07-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm all bummed that Spectromagic isn't running at all while I will be there because of work on the bridge in Frontierland.

Hull-onian
08-07-2008, 06:50 PM
We go on the rides when the parade is going on. Works great for us.:thumbsup:

joanna71985
08-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I love that there is 2 Spectros. The crowds are so much lighter at the second one.