PDA

View Full Version : What is scary @ the Great Movie Ride?

Giselle
08-07-2008, 10:47 AM
I want to take my 4 yo DD on thr GMR but it is marked as scary on the park map. What is scary about it?

MickeyMousse
08-07-2008, 10:51 AM
The Alien part of the ride can be scary for the kids. However, one of my DS's did fine at that part, it was the interactive part where we were part of a shootout that bothered him!

Pop Centurion
08-07-2008, 10:53 AM
There's a part where you're in a scene from Alien where steam comes out of the ceiling and the Alien pops out. Other than that the only things I can think of that might scare her is the Wicked Witch in the Wizard of Oz scene or the gun shots from the gangters.

**Edit** MickeyMousse beat me to it. :D

Dragongirlx
08-07-2008, 10:53 AM
There are a few scenes your four year old might find scary.

There is a gangster and cowboy scene which both involve shooting that can be a bit scary.

There is an alien scene with creepy music but the alien does jump out a couple of times which I found scary.

There is a horror pyramid scene with mummies and skeletons.

Finally there is wizard of oz scene where the wicked witch appears in a puff of smoke which can be quite frightening to younger kids.

It all depends on how easily your child gets scared.

disneygeek84
08-07-2008, 11:49 AM
I rode it for the first time at age 6, and the only thing that really scared me (and I get scared really easily) was the Alien scene. So what we did for that was that I ALWAYS sat by my dad, and when we were coming up on it, he would have me bury my head under his arm and close my eyes. That way I felt safe with him, I couldn't hardly hear anything and I really couldn't see anything.

The Alien does come down out of the ceiling and if you're on the right side of the car there's one that jumps out at you, too. I never really found the rest of the ride very scary, but your daughter will be different. You know what might scare your children, so if anything anyone has listed might bother her, then I would skip it until she gets older. Hope that helps!

KAJUNKING
08-07-2008, 12:04 PM
The Alien part of the ride can be scary for the kids

scary for kids, huh, its kind of creepy for me and im a 33 year old man

BraddyB
08-07-2008, 12:21 PM
The wait.............ha ha ha sorry had to do it, I would have to go with Alien that was mentioned before

#1donaldfan
08-07-2008, 12:48 PM
the shoot out and the alien scenes.....

Goes4FastPass
08-07-2008, 12:59 PM
The sequence from Alien. One of the great science fiction films of all time and completely out of place in this attraction.

The Wizard of Oz Munchkin Land sequence is one of the best things at Disney Studios.

The attraction shouldn't be closed - it should have a real refurb that goes beyond adding a few seconds to the closing movie - anything less would be lazy and cheap.

Belle619
08-07-2008, 01:46 PM
scary for kids, huh, its kind of creepy for me and im a 33 year old man

:ditto: Yes, thank you for saying that! I was 26 when I first rode it and it scared the heck out of me and my sister!

Checkers
08-07-2008, 02:22 PM
:mickey:Took my almost 4 yr. old GD in April '07 and I had her hide her eyes during the Alien part and she was fine. She is a big fan of the Wizard of Oz and wanted to ride again and again because of that part.

shepherdgirl
08-07-2008, 05:26 PM
My daughter, who is scared of everything, has been on the ride many times and she still doesn't know about the Alien. We just keep her hat on and make sure she is looking somewhere else, not at the ceiling, during that part.

Imagineer1981
08-07-2008, 05:44 PM
When I was 6 or 7 I would hide during the alien scene on the floor and would cover my eyes during the mummy areas

AlliMo
08-08-2008, 11:19 AM
aren't there snakes in the indiana jones scene?? they always freaked me out a little...:)

Meteora
08-09-2008, 06:17 PM
The Alien does come down out of the ceiling and if you're on the right side of the car there's one that jumps out at you, too. I never really found the rest of the ride very scary, but your daughter will be different. You know what might scare your children, so if anything anyone has listed might bother her, then I would skip it until she gets older. Hope that helps!

I'm 24 and I STILL hide in my dad's arm during the alien part! In fact, I didn't even know there was another one that jumped out at the right side.

WDW24
08-09-2008, 07:25 PM
1. One part is the Alien, it could be scary for kids.

2. In a couple of scenes there is gun shooting, fires ect.

3. But as in almost all WDW rides theres always something that a 4 yr. old will enjoy such as Tarzan, Mary Poppins, Wizard Of Oz and Fantasia.

I hope this helps! :mickey: :thumbsup:

5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

disneymom2000
08-09-2008, 09:42 PM
I think all the snakes in the ride are pretty scary. I had to get a whole list of rides and shows with snakes because they freak my mom at and I needed to know when to tell her to shut her eyes.

Mickey91
08-11-2008, 08:46 AM
:spoiler:

You go through Alien and an alien drops from the ceiling and pops out from the side.

You go through a cave of mummies and skeletons.

You go through a cave of snakes as part of Indiana Jones.

In Munchkinland (Wizard of OZ), the Wicked Witch pops up like she does in the movie.

There is a scene in the old west or old Chicago, depending on your particular ride, where your car is hijacked and there are "shootings". The hijacker takes you through part of the tour.

We have taken our DD when she was not quite three. We told her to close her eyes during Alien and anytime she didn't like something. She did really good. She is now 10 and still doesn't like Alien.

Villains0501
08-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Snakes, aliens, witches, guns! funny thing is that a variation of all of these things appears in disney movies.
Snakes- Aladdin
Aliens- Lilo and Stitch
Witches- Little mermaid, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White etc.
Guns- Tarzan, Pirates 1,2,3; Peter Pan