PDA

View Full Version : Disney as Reward?

Figment78
08-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Just a little random Disney post...

Does anyone else use Disney as a reward or motivation in their everyday lives? Like, for losing weight, putting up with difficult bosses, etc....

I do! Whenever I want to throw in the towel and quit work, I look at the pic of my family before Hoop-Dee-Doo and remember that my paycheck helps us create those fabulous memories! Lately, it's also been motivating me to keep at sleep training with my child - the more consistent his naps are, the sooner we can take him to Disney!!!!

Share your stories!

Madame Leona
08-07-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm trying that for this trip. I just can't seem to lose the baby weight so I'm challenging myself to see how much I can lose before our next trip. It's only 52 days away but hopefully it will help a little. I also use it to make decisions for want versus need when I am shopping. I would rather have extra money for my kids at Disney than have a super cute pair of shoes. I'm a stay at home mom and the boys really don't care what I have on my feet!

Maleficent_vf
08-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm definitely using it as motivation to get through grad school - I'll be done in December! :thumbsup: I was hoping for a January journey, but work (which is where I get the money to travel) may end up preventing that. :(

Amy

TINKERBELL_82
08-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Absolutely! I use it as a motivator to budget better and not make frivolous purchases. Sometimes when I want to go out to eat I just think, thats $30 for the Disney fund, and suddenly peanut butter and jelly doesn't sound so bad! :mickey: