PDA

View Full Version : MK night-time parade?

minnie-mouse
08-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Is there a parade at MK every night? Around what time does it start and where is the best place to stand and view it well with young children?

Thanks.

homeschool mom
08-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Yes, there is a night time parade at MK - SPECTROMAGIC. It is my all time favorite parade at MK and I think it is amazing. I don't think it is offered every night unless it is during the peak season. When we go, it is usually only offered 2 nights and I always make sure I get there for the first night just in case of a rain storm or something. I can't take the chance I'll miss it. On our first trip to WDW, a CM at MK told us to watch Spectromagic from the stockade area in Frontierland. He pointed out that at that point, you can see the floats coming and going as they turn the corner there. It's a great place to see the front and back of the floats in detail. Another good place to stand is on Main Street at the corner where Casey's is. If Wishes follows the parade, you have a prime spot to watch it.

I hope this helps! :mickey:

37 days and counting! :cloud9:

homeschool mom
08-07-2008, 08:44 AM
I forgot to mention, you'll want to get there 2 hours before parade time and stake out your spot as prime seating fills up quickly.

tys_mommy
08-07-2008, 09:09 AM
I forgot to mention, you'll want to get there 2 hours before parade time and stake out your spot as prime seating fills up quickly.

I see this mentioned all the time and guess I have to disagree. If you have to be sitting on the curb in a specific area then yes, steak out your spot early. Maybe we just got lucky but in April (with higher crowds) we were able to watch both SpetroMagic and the afternoon parade from just in front of the train station right by the exit - front row/curb seats - for both parades on different days (note that 3 pm and 11pm are almost melt down points for our little ones so we weren't even trying to watch the parades but rather high tail it out of MK before a melt down occurred and just happened to see lots of empty curb so figured we were close enough to the exit to bail if we needed to but were lucky enough to get prime seats and enjoy both parades entirely).

tys_mommy
08-07-2008, 09:16 AM
There is usually a SptroMagic parade every night at 9 during peak season and sometimes there are 2 prades - another at 11. We've never been in the slow season so I'm not sure about that and at the end of next week there will be no SM prade b/c of bridge repairs but they are adding an extra afternoon prade to run at 7.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-07-2008, 10:17 AM
No, they do not offer SpectroMagic every night.

They don't offer it on the nights when there is a hard ticket party, so a lot of nights during Jan-June, Sept-Oct, and Nov-Dec, they won't have the parade.

The parade starts at different times, but during the summer, it's usually at 9 and 11.

I severely disagree about getting a seat 2 hours before the parade. If you see the second parade when they offer 2, you can watch Wishes and then walk over to Frontierland or Liberty Square and get excellent seating because 80% of the people will leave after Wishes.

If they only offer one, I say you can find a decent seat in Frontierland about 30-40 minutes before the parade. What needs to be understood is that the majority of people want to be near Main Street for Wishes and be that much closer to the park exit for when it does end. So that part tends to be more crowded than back in Frontierland.

Imagineer1981
08-07-2008, 06:10 PM

30 minutes is plenty of time to stake a spot.