PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about staying at FW.......

LuvsTigger80
08-07-2008, 12:54 AM
it's a real possiblity that our minds have been changed for us. We were watching Disney on a Dime and they made the FW look like a great place to stay. Was wondering how much it cost to rent a golf cart? Also... what theme parks can we take the boat too? Sounds like lots of fun. Our first trip we stayed at pop. We wanted something different and i think we found it. thanks for any imput.:thanks: :mickey:

ibrowse17
08-07-2008, 09:28 AM
FW is a great place, and offers more to do than the other resorts. The last time I rented a cart, it was something like $45 a day. Trust me, it will worth every penny as it really saves wait time on the internal buses. As far as the boats, the only park you can ride them to is the MK. There are two boat routes. One runs between FW, WL and the MK. The other runs the circle between FW, WL and the Cont. Use the second one if you ever want to ride the monorail. FW is a wonderful place to stay, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we have:thumbsup:

SFTrny
08-07-2008, 11:16 AM
You'll love FW and the golf cart is completely worth it. The boats from the beach will take you direct to MK or you can take the ones that run between Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary. At the Contemporary, you can pick up the monorail.

LuvsTigger80
08-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Thank you so much for the information. It will help me alot. I'm pretty sure this is where we will be staying. It sounds like fun..and a change of pace from the Pop. :mickey:

slegrant
08-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Fort Wilderness is my families favorite! We always rent a golf cart and they are around $45 a day and what 's nice is that they have head lights so you can drive around FW at night. Also if you are staying for 7 days or more I believe you get a 10% discount. Also the boat ride to the MK,Wilderness lodge or Contemporary are so relaxing. There are so many thinggs to do at Fort Wilderness, make sure you do the nightly campfire with Chip & Dale and walk the trail between FW and the Wilderness Lodge. Have a great trip:mickey:

Minnie's Northern Friend
08-07-2008, 11:09 PM
how many people fit on the cart?? Do they rent a mini-van version?? lol

SFTrny
08-08-2008, 05:49 AM
Golf carts seat 4, but they are bench seats. If you had small kids, you could probably squeeze 6 in.

Daddy Mouse
08-08-2008, 11:19 PM
We brought bicycles because it was much cheaper than renting the golf carts everyday. I do not believe the expense is worth it. Unless you are spending a lot of time at the resort. I do have to admit, it is easier to get around FW in golf carts. BTW this is my favorite resort.

casey@bat
08-09-2008, 10:44 AM
We also love FW!

We have done golf cart, bikes and scooters. Golf carts are great but a luxury, not a neccessity, unless you have very small children. Our kids are old enough to ride bikes and we put our 3 yr. old in a bicycle trailer one yr. The only bad thing about bikes is coming back late at night and the kids are too sleepy to ride them.

Disneyfamilyof3
09-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Hi;

Myself, my DH, and DS all way prefer FW to Pop Century,...and those two also like POP. In fact, we've stayed in an assortment of WDW resorts ranging from Value to Deluxe; and we would all probably prefer to go back to FW, even over The Yacht Club or AKL. There's just something to be said about having your own "home" at WDW, I can bring my siamese cats (who not only love camping; THEY even love FW, because they love to sit by the window and watch kids walking by; they love kids)

Also, you can get a very luxurious boat ride to the magic Kingdom,...which means you share a really nice amenity with the MK Deluxe resorts. Then, once at MK,you can also catch the monorail to Epcot! There's also lots of things to do at FW.:thumbsup: