PDA

View Full Version : My Sincere Thanks to You All...

GhostHost999
08-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Ok Gang,

Here it is...my 300th post to this fine forum.

A bit of a milestone, so I figured I would take a moment to say Thank You to all of you. You see unlike most folks in this little community, I have not been back to WDW since August of '01. And while this does bother me, I am able to keep in touch with a place that I truly love by reading the fun thoughts and insights of all of you. The question I get asked the most is "Why do you love Disney World so much?...you're 34." I try to explain, but then I realized one day that for those that don't get it, no explanation would ever satisfy, and for those of us here that do get it...none is really needed. :mickey:

So again...thank you all...very much. You all are simply the best. :number1:

Oh and just in case this thread is too mushy for some, I'll toss in a question too...what ride has stuck with you since childhood as a favorite, and why? what struck you about it?

Thank You All Again - GH999 :cool:

Mousemates
08-06-2008, 11:53 PM
The haunted mansion....rode it way back in the early sevenites with the grandparents who (now long since deceased) not only took me into their home at a difficlut time in my life, but took the time do things line WDW world with me. I can still see the smile on my little round norwegian grandmother's face when the ghosts joined us in our doom buggy.

disneygeek84
08-07-2008, 12:53 AM
The original Journey Into Imagination, with the Dream Finder, and Peter Pan.

JIM was my very first WDW ride when I was 4. I remember my older sister telling me about it before we got there because she had gotten to go the year before for her first trip.

And Peter Pan because when we took my baby sister first the first time at 13 weeks old, this was her first ride. I remember thinking (at age 6), How is she going to sit in the seat? She can't even sit up yet! But it was very fun, and there was no one there (we always went in early January) so they let us stay on for a second time around. :D

Wickster1970
08-07-2008, 08:11 AM
I remember a few things about my first trip in 1976...I was six...and we were on Peter Pan and my mom had a momentary freak-out when the boat left the water.

That and, belive it or not, the monorail trip to and from the parking lot (as it was called then). I mean...it went THROUGH a hotel! how cool is that?!?!