PDA

View Full Version : Any Okies ??

dan24
08-06-2008, 08:47 PM
My wife and I when out talk to people about Disney a lot.. mainly b/c we are obsessed. Many of you know what I am talking about b/c you too know what it is like to be bit by the Disney bug so to speak. But here in Oklahoma everyone we talk to has no idea what intercot is.. (we are trying to educate people) so I was wondering as our latest trip is 41 days away.. how many okies are on intercot ?
:mickey:

passholderryan
08-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Not there now, but was stationed there in 1996. Was mostly stationed on Camp Courtney (Military Police). I miss the yakisoba off of Gate 2 street, outside the air base.

Magic Smiles
08-26-2008, 07:16 AM
I am not in Oklahoma, but I sure know what you mean when referring to Intercot.
This past Saturday myself, DS and 2 very good friends were sitting in Shoeless Joes Restaurant in Welland, ON (in the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada) when the waitress commented on my camera. You see it is a waterproof camera. I told her that I had used it in WDW at the waterparks. To make a very long story short, it turned out that she was on her Honeymoon they same time that we were in Disney celebrating our 20th anniversary. We had stayed at POFQ and they at the Riverside. One thing lead to another and of course I brought up the topic of this amazing website - Intercot. She too knew about Intercot and had used it for referrals to plan their dining while there. It was so silly, but I felt so happy about finding someone else who knew of Intercot. Too bad she was working as we probably could have talked about Disney and Intercot all night.
Needless to say she got a VERY good tip that night.

laward32
08-26-2008, 11:09 AM
I am an Okie who is obsessed with WDW and anything Disney. I live on Intercot. I get the same thing here. All of my conversations usually revert back to something Disney. I am going through withdrawals right now. I don't have a trip planned at the moment. Looking at doing a land/sea in Nov/Dec of 09. Hoping to squeeze in trip before then, but don't know yet. :mickey:

Kennywife
08-26-2008, 03:16 PM
A t-towner actually. I love intercot and am a complete Disney freak! My hubby and I get to go to DL for the first time ever this fall!

Anna

laward32
08-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Kennywife-I am just south of you in the big town of Okmulgee. I am glad to hear of another Disney freak in my neck of the woods.:mickey:

WDisneyWforMe
09-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Disney Lover here in OKC, myself and my brother and his family are all Disney NUTS! He is the one that told me about intercot almost 5 years ago now but I normally don't post! Just a lurker :secret:

I'm going back with my adult niece in December and we are taking her two DD's who are 11 and 8 who have never been before, I'm so excited I could burst :pixie:

I haven't been since December 2006, when we got to stay two full weeks at AKL so I'm kind of going through Disney wthdrawal myself. But yes you are not alone there are other Disney fanatics in Oklahoma, and intercotee devotees, we're just a bit harder to find!

Disney Doll
09-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Okie Disney addict here! I'm always telling people about Intercot, but it seems like a lot of people look at vacation planning as a chore. Not me, I think planning is half the fun and I'm so glad I found Intercot.

adoptionislove
11-01-2008, 10:36 PM
I guess you could say I am a part time Okie! We have a ranch in Calera, OK that we go to on the weekends! Does that count? We love intercot as well!

Michelle