PDA

View Full Version : Best part about Magic Kingdom when you first step in?

disneycutie165
08-06-2008, 04:56 PM
MK is my favorite park, no doubt! I was thinking in my head today about our trip (11 days) and recalling all the things in MK. As I was thinking, standing in line at the Judges Tent came to my mind. It's the littlest things about Disney that I remember! What do you remember thet would surprise you when you suddenly thought about it?

robnadina
08-06-2008, 05:37 PM
This is such a good question! Everytime I think of MK, I remember walking down the ramp from the monorail. How beautiful it is on a clear morning when the weather is still in the 70's. You have the MK on oneside and the lake on the other. This memory is my happy place when I need to go there.

elmjimmlm
08-06-2008, 05:43 PM
When you walk out into the park and you hear the music...That to me is my best memory...:cloud9:

Gottaluvgoof
08-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Has to be the Castle for me.

medic9016
08-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Main street looking down at the castle. There is no were else that has that same view. Also the first sight of MK from the boat, seeing the castle top and Space Mountain.

DumboMom
08-06-2008, 07:11 PM
The first thought that comes to mind is the memory of my daughter seeing the castle for the first time. It was dusk and she was wearing her sleeping beauty costume being held by her dad. My son however was fast asleep in his carriage.
We had taken a trip with my parents, brother's family and sister. Everyone ran ahead of us because they wanted to see her face when she saw the castle.
I will never forget it. :mickey:

Ghost * Hostess
08-06-2008, 07:32 PM
The first thing for me is the sweet smell of cinnamon coming from the Main Street Bakery.
Everytime I seem to smell cinnamon it reminds me of the Magic Kingdom. What I wouldn't do for a Sticky Mickey right now!

Gator
08-06-2008, 07:44 PM
After getting all my belongings rummaged through, I enjoy hearing the mainstreet music combined with the bell of the train.

Gibbs
08-06-2008, 07:52 PM
I know it's been mentioned a couple of times, but for me, it's the music combined with the view of mainstreet looking at the castle. Alot of great memories of my youth and my kids that are wrapped up in that scene.:mickey::cloud9:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-06-2008, 07:54 PM
I actually like the characters as they walk families to the rides first thing in the morning! California is so much more character focused than WDW, and I'm jealous because we don't get the same amount of attention here as they do there.

ParkMan
08-06-2008, 08:14 PM
The first view you get when you enter the park from under main street station.

That followed by the first 5 minutes when you're thinking - "I'm really here, what am I going to do first!"

Nurse Kim
08-06-2008, 09:22 PM
My first memory was actually being on the monorail and seeing the castle for the first time. It was amazing.Then stepping into MK and walking down main street and seeing my DDs amazement.

kbean
08-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Finally here!!!:mjump::goofy::donald:

Disneycrazed
08-06-2008, 09:46 PM
My favorite part of any Disney World trip is the moment I walk under the train tunnel onto Main Street and see the buildings and hear the music. I'll be doing just that in 17 days!:woohoo:

allentownguy
08-06-2008, 09:56 PM
looking:mickey: at the castle

Mousemates
08-06-2008, 11:41 PM
walking towards the castle on main street early in the morning and simultaneously catching the sweet aroma of the candy store.

EPCOTGAL1
08-07-2008, 06:09 AM
the first 5 minutes when you're thinking - "I'm really here, what am I going to do first!"

EXACTLY!!! "I can't believe I'm really here"! I take it all in!! That's what I'm saying to myself.... of course, DH sometimes says the same thing...funny though.....his tone is just not as "perky" as mine.....but his love for Disney comes from being with his family and watching how excited we all are :) !! He secretly does have a wonderful time...:secret:

playdead88
08-07-2008, 06:33 AM
everything! the smells, the sounds, just the thought of being there :cloud9: its like walking through a gate into a different world

disneycutie165
08-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Another thing that just hit me this morning was the path way behing Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland. Last time we walked through there so much, I shouldn't have forgotten it!

homeschool mom
08-07-2008, 08:50 AM
MK is my favorite park as well, and I think it is a family favorite. We always begin and end our vacations there. :mickey: I think just stepping onto Main Street for the first time, seeing the sights and hearing the music. It always brings tears to my eyes. And when my girls were little - seeing the excitement in their faces - priceless. :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
08-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Seeing my son's face when he saw Splash Mtn- that's all he talked about riding. Then when we were on the ride seeing his smile was worth all the money in the world.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Stepping onto MainStreet with all the wonderful sounds and smells of Disney and seeing that Castle looming ahead....I get chills:mickey:

Simba'sBud
08-07-2008, 09:39 AM
I think my favorite memory was our last trip that we took with another couple on my DW's side of the family. We live in SC so we always drive down. When we arrived in the early afternoon, we went straight to MK and walked under that infamous train station and found that the parade had just begun and we had an open spot directly in front of us to watch. As I turned to look at my DW and her niece, they both had tears in their eyes. Absolutely a priceless moment for me!

Great thread, BTW! :thumbsup:

DDuck66
08-07-2008, 09:54 AM
When you walk out into the park and you hear the music...That to me is my best memory...:cloud9:

:ditto: I just love the music along Mainstreet USA.

Septbride2002
08-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I never thought I would say this but "It's A Small World" holds a special place in my heart. Chloe's first trip she was only 16 months old but she loved IASW - the entire time through the ride she kept signing "MORE! MORE!" That memory makes me the happiest.

~Amanda

MickeyChick
08-07-2008, 10:23 AM
There's just something about walking under the train station and taking those first few steps onto Main Street and there's the castle. My eyes are welling up just thinking about it.

And I'll be there next week!!!!

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

arteephact
08-07-2008, 02:50 PM
I miss getting to Main Street and heading straight for the Magic Shop and Penny Arcade...

Now I just enjoy the looks on my kids faces as they stare in amazement at the castle.

Imagineer1981
08-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Its boarding the monorail..its like it takes you from life to fantasy

DisneyorBust
08-07-2008, 07:46 PM
For me it is the Opening Ceremony at the Magic Kingdom. I love the excitement as it builds thru the crowd, especially the little ones!

brad192
08-08-2008, 12:00 PM
That walk under the train station, emerging into Town Square with the music playing, the golden glow from an early morning sunrise when the temp is still tolerable and you can smell the dew and flowers in the morning air. Making that turn & looking down Main Street toward the Castle, with the anticipation of a full day ahead. Nothing in the world better than that! :cloud9:

I also like to pause a few minutes each time I enter MK on a corner at the exit of Town Square & watch the people come in. It's sooo much fun to see their reactions as they come round the corner & see the Castle for the first time. You can always tell the first timers too, as they're either smiling so hard its gotta hurt, :D or their mouths are wide open in awe. :jaw:

Faver
08-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I love to walk in hear the music, and see the castle. :party: It makes me just as excited now, as it did when I was 4 years old:mickey:

readytogo2
08-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I would say when you walk down main street with the music playing

indytraveler
08-08-2008, 03:31 PM
MK is all about the castle and main street. As I'm walking down main st both coming and going I always look into the little alleyways and remember spending some time there with parents and grandparents getting some pictures by flowers.

Disney fans..
08-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Walking down Main St. & right when the Castle becomes your full view....thats my fav part.:cloud9:

bruin1344
08-08-2008, 10:44 PM
walking down main st. w/smell of the bakery and turning left to go to adventureland or liberty square to one of my favorite attractions

kemps@wdw
08-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Watching my 5-yr old DD fidget :yay: as she waited to go thru the gates for the 1st time and the delight on her face :joy: as she turned down Main St and saw the castle.( And watching my DH fidget as he waits to go thru the gate and the delight on his face as he turns down Main St and sees he castle:D). Oh yeah, and the 1st time I got "spit" on by the tikis:tikki::tikki::tikki::tikki: @ Adventureland!

Cheloconnell
08-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Definitely taking that turn on Main Street and seeing the Castle with all of that wonderful music playing. The anticipation builds up to actually get to the point of having a full view of the castle. I see the Photo Pass photographers and I almost feel like I start to walk a little faster to get there. Then I just stop and take it all in. :mickey:

disneyworld55925592
08-09-2008, 11:39 AM
best part is when i look up at the castle then back at my family and i know we are gonna have a great day where everyone is going to be happy.:mickey:

laward32
08-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Mine has to be the whole atmosphere of Main Street. The music, the smells, the train and, of course, the castle. I just put on Live365 with the Main Street music loop and close my eyes and I am there for a few minutes. :mickey:

DraganFyre
08-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Its boarding the monorail..its like it takes you from life to fantasy

:ditto: We were in Florida for my brothers wedding this last April we didn't have time to go to the Parks at all but we still found time to take a ride around WDW on the Monorail. I had the biggest grin on my face the entire time. There is something about so awesome about that feeling even if all I do is ride the momrail.

AdventurerKim
08-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Stepping out from beneath the train station and knowing I'm finally there is the best part about entering MK. Five weeks from today, I'll be doing just that!! Woohoo!! :number1:

Mickey91
08-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Hearing the train whistle and bell.:train:

Daddy Mouse
08-12-2008, 08:58 AM
There is no place that engages the senses the way Disney can. The sight of the castle while walking down mainsreet, the characters, the smell of the food, sound of the music. It is a "WOW" factor for me.:)

BeccaO
08-12-2008, 10:27 AM
This is a great question! I am going to have to say the adrenalin that accumulates in your body with every "little" thing when you arrive on property is just fantastic!! It's the first ride on the monorail to the MK, and then walking down the ramp to the gates, then it's walking under the train station and finally realizing you have "arrived", hearing the music and seeing the singing and dancing cast members. Just that initial walk down main street. Then we always begin in Adventureland, and the walk across the bridge to there gives you the most wonderful feeling inside!!! Especially when you know you have your entire vacation ahead of you and this is just your first day!!! Wow, it's great just thinking about it and typing it, can't wait to return in January 09!!!!:mickey:

Fantasmic
08-13-2008, 09:11 AM
The best thing about the Magic Kingdom, is the feeling of "coming home" :cloud9:

brownie
08-13-2008, 09:55 AM

:ditto: Exactly my first thought!

kathiep
08-13-2008, 08:03 PM
When you get on the monorail. Hearing the whoosh of the doors and then the announcements. Seeing the park/castle get closer & closer.

When you first step onto Main Street.

When you hear the music playing as you walk down Main Street.

AlliMo
08-14-2008, 12:38 AM
of course it's main street, getting off the monorail, the castle, but for some reason what really gets me excited are the framed posters representing all the rides when you walk through those tunnels before main street. I just love them...they remind me of the early days of MK.

wdwfansince75
08-14-2008, 08:44 AM
All the above! And one more.....On most trips, the first ride is PoTC. Crossing the bridge to Adventureland, and hearing the exotic music lets me know we're really there.

eeyorefanatic12
08-14-2008, 11:12 AM
what i always remember is standing to get in the park and then the train comes by with most of the characters on it...and when the park opens they all go down and u can meet with them and take pictures.

MickeysEars
08-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Actually at the MK it has to be (coming from the busses) seeing all the bricks in the ground of all the people who visited. Hearing the music before you actually see the park and listening to all the excited children (especially my own) When I see the Mickey made out of flowers, I know I am home. :cloud9:

celebrationasheley
08-15-2008, 12:47 AM
I love seeing the EMPORIUM. May be cheesy but I know once I see that I am about to walk around the corner and see the castle! :) Can't wait for the 3 yr old's expression!

Villains0501
08-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I remember standing in line to enter the park and having 500 obnoxious ppl behind me breathing down my neck! JK! I would have to say prob when it first opens in the morning and u walk into main street and all these characters r there to greet u!

passholderryan
08-15-2008, 03:45 PM
The first thing I have to do, even at 9am, stay to the left, pass under the train and get a popcorn. Right when you come out under the train is a popcorn stand. Not sure why I have to get one, but my wife says I'll be grumpy without it. I stroll down the middle of mainstreet eating my popcorn. That tells me I have arrived!