PDA

View Full Version : Payment Question

Pastcastmemberdaughter
08-06-2008, 01:43 PM
My DH and I are heading down at the beginning of October and we've already made the reservation for the room along with the initial payment that is needed. My question is we're trying to keep money off the credit cards and we're thinking about paying for the room by check. I saw on the reservation that you can't do that on sight but you have to pay in advance and send your check to a seperate address. Has anyone ever done this? I'm worried that we'll do this and something will go wrong and we won't have a receipt of payment and have to pay for the room twice. Any experiences with this and/or advice would be great! Thanks everyone! :mickey:

LauraF
08-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't know if they'll issue you a receipt for a check, but you'll have the canceled check to prove payment, right? Ask them - they probably can send you something in the mail.

Also, if your debit card has a Visa/Mastercard logo, you can use that to pay online. That's what I usually do. Insta-cash. :)

disneymom15
08-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I would do the debit card method if you can. If not, I'd use a credit card and then mail off a check immediatly to the check card company.

vicster
08-06-2008, 02:24 PM
I'd use a credit card also if you get air miles, cash back or anything else when you use your credit card.

SBETigg
08-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I've done the check thing in the past. You have to do it about a month before your stay dates, and you do get a receipt. It shows up on the website as soon as they process it, and they send the final payment information in the mail. You can also call and check on it if you're nervous about it. It's really easy and nothing to worry about at all.

Katarch
08-06-2008, 03:47 PM
No problems with sending a check. I've done it several times. You'll get an email recipt when they receive your check. If you're worried, bring email receipt when you check in.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
08-06-2008, 08:42 PM
I never had a problem using a check. We have payed off packages using a check and we have also paid off room only stays upon check in with a check. We've never had a problem.

CleveRocks
08-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Is this a room-only reservation, meaning the balance is due at check-in?

You 100% CAN pay by check. Right there at the front desk, they will clear the check electronically, just as if you were using a debit card on your checking account.

This is why they allow checks, because there is no risk to them ... since they instantly clear it electronically, either the money is immediately debited from your account or the check doesn't clear. Disney assumes no risk.