PDA

View Full Version : Best Wine List

Rich Mc
08-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Who has the best wine list of the all the Restuarant near Magic Kingdom ( CR, Grand, Poly)?
DW and I love a great bottle of wine with dinner and were wondering who has best wine list?

SBETigg
08-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I haven't found truly extensive and excellent wine lists at any Disney restaurant, but there are some that are pretty good and far above average. Victoria and Albert's, Citricos, and Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian probably have the best wine lists, but the California Grill's list might be better or just as good. Of the three resorts you list, the Polynesian's restaurant choices are the most lacking for decent wine lists-- but you can find an acceptable selection there, too.

Ian
08-06-2008, 01:04 PM
As a moderate vinophile, I'd have to agree with Sherri ... WDW's wine lists are mostly "average to above average" ... there aren't any great ones that I've come across. Although I've never eaten at V&A's, so theirs may be better than what I've seen.

My experience has been that they have some pricey wines, but not necessarily good pricey wines, if you know what I mean.

I have to say, though, that some of the Buena Vista label wines they had for Disneyland's 50th anniversary were very good. I actually took home a couple of bottles of their Chardonnay I liked it so much.

AlliMo
08-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I am sure V&A's wine list is amazing and I think they do wine pairings there but I haven't been since I was a kid. My vote based on experience would be for Artist Point...they have some really awesome northwestern wines.

Natazu
08-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Victoria & Albert's / Citricos have the best wine cellar, over 10,000 bottles. The wine list rotates through vintages, mostly varietals, but if there's something you want, just ask, it's probably there.

SallyP
08-10-2008, 07:23 PM
We have found that the Resort restaurants gear their wine lists to the 'theme' of the resort.
1. Jiko - South African wines
2. Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge - Northwest Wines; some wonderful Pinot Noirs from Oregon and Cabs from Washington
3. Cali Grill at Contemporary - California wines and others of course, some good sake too for the sushi dishes.
4. The Wave at Contemporary - South African New Zealand and Australia.

Can't help you with GF's restaurants. We have been to V&A's and of course the wine list was excellent.

Also most of the restaurants will fax you their current wine list if you call them prior to your visit. That doesn't guarantee your chosen selection will be there when you visit - inventory depletion, etc.