PDA

View Full Version : No Dinner being served at MK on Oct 4th?????

crazeedizneefinatic
08-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Okay, just got back from a long weekend at Niagara Falls, which was wonderful by the way. Listened to the answering machine to find WDW dining telling me that they cancelled my dining reservation at Tony's on October 4th due to the MK not serving dinner that day?? What the heck! Not only am I ticked that the MNNSHP is happening almost every other night out of our 8 days in the park now they tell me I can't spend my last evening in the MK eating dinner! MK is our favorite park and I am just peeved at this point. Now where are we going to eat?? I was told to call back and they will try to accomodate, they left the message on Saturday, so I can imagine what's left! This late in the game it will be almost impossible not to eat at 9:30 at night. I am beyound angry at Disney for yet another move like this. With the rising costs of everything, almost being forced to buy over $200 worth of more tickets just to be in the MK in the evening and now this, I am really starting to regret this trip. :mad: Thanks for letting me vent. Anyone else going to be there on the 4th of October get a message like this???

msc_idiot
08-06-2008, 12:54 AM
There is some speculation that the company's (somewhat) annual speech about the park's direction for the next few years (including the newest year's theme) will be given that day. They are cancelling all the big stuff for that day to make room for it. I know it must REALLY **** to have your plans cancelled, but I have to say, I'm somewhat excited about the idea that we're getting some big, new information, if that's really what it is. I AM sorry, though.

Heather

DDuck66
08-06-2008, 10:04 AM
They cancelled the MNSSHP on that Friday night as well. Luckily I only live about an hour away so we could go on Thursday. and were able to reschedule are ADR's. I hope it is a really "big" announcement that is interfering with everyone's well laid plans.

TINKERBELL_82
08-06-2008, 11:05 AM
So sorry about your troubles!! I would be really upset too. Try not to regret your trip- there's got to be a solution here...

How about having an early dinner, like around 4pm at Tonys?

What about eating a nice dinner at one of the monorail resorts?

Or what about switching dinner to lunch?

Or you could just do CS and maximize your time at MK...

If your 100% set on TS and they can't get you the ressie you want, just keep calling everyday, even the day of! Hopefully something is bound to open up for you.

Sorry, this is a bit off topic, but I think I'm out of the loop. What is this big announcement? It must be HUGE for them to shut down the MK so early and lose all of the revenue! :confused:

crazeedizneefinatic
08-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Is the speech for the employees or the public?? If it's for the employees I would think there would be a better way to hold a meeting rather than cancel plans of paying guests! And at the last minute to boot. I hope they accomodate. I can safely assume that the park will be closing early this night too? We were celebrating a birthday this night so this is a HUGE disappointment! CS or lunch is just not an option this day. WOW, I cannot believe Disney is so inconsiderate as to put people out, not just us but everyone who had plans this day. What has happened to the magic? It seems everything is so money driven now a days and the guest comes last.

I just made my call back today, they left a direct number not the reservation number so we will see if they come through. Hopefully someone will save this vacation. LOL!

FredTaco
08-06-2008, 02:41 PM
From another site, its being rumored that they are doing this due to Miley Cyrus' sweet 16. Basically opening the park to only her and her guests.

TINKERBELL_82
08-06-2008, 02:53 PM
From another site, its being rumored that they are doing this due to Miley Cyrus' sweet 16. Basically opening the park to only her and her guests.

OMG No! I thought I read somewhere that its impossible to have the MK closed down for a private party, regardless of who!

I just checked wiki, and her bday is in late November....:confused:

NJGIRL
08-06-2008, 04:56 PM
WOW, I cannot believe Disney is so inconsiderate as to put people out, not just us but everyone who had plans this day. What has happened to the magic? It seems everything is so money driven now a days and the guest comes last.

They have kicked people off of cruises that have already paid in full before just so they can "sell" the ship to private parties so I'm sure canceling people's dinner and party plans is no big deal to them. I would be very angry also.

crazeedizneefinatic
08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Well, spoke with the special department handling all the cancelled reservations for October 4th. Although she was very nice, we could not work something out. I need to re-evaluate 8 days worth of ADR's and figure something out. This is ridiculous. I was also told the park is closing around 4pm or 5pm, she told me she did not know why. That makes 3 days in a row of no evenings at MK. I feel like just losing the credit, I cannot imagine sitting down again with 8 days ADR's and park schedules to figure this all out. Wish me luck!

ravsluvdisney
08-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I would definitely try a monorail resort. Maybe the new Wave restaurant in the Contemporary has something or Grand Floridian Cafe or even Kona Cafe. While it is not as easy as eating in the park you can stay at the park until closing at 4 or 5 and then hop on the monorail and be at a restaurant in less than 15 or 20 minutes.
The other thing is what about seeing if another park has Evening EMH and eating there?
Sorry that this is not what you planned for. Hope you find something that works for you and your family!

biodtl
08-06-2008, 10:19 PM
I was also told the park is closing around 4pm or 5pm, she told me she did not know why.
Oh my goodness, that is really disappointing!! That is our first day at WDW and we always spend it in MK. If it IS for a private party, I am very upset with Disney.

We have late ADRs for the tea, so I guess we'll find something else to do that night. Makes me mad, though.

PittFan
08-06-2008, 10:34 PM
I think Disney should offer a FULL reimbursement for your trip. I don't know how they could let you book a trip and ADR's with money up front and then just go and cancel them. Breech of contract? I would cancel my trip and insist that they compensate me for my trouble and wasted vacation days, that's just me. Let us know how it works out, Walt is probably rolling in his grave! :(

henry.james.s
08-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Even though this is an unfortunate situation in no way would I let it ruin my vacation.
The MK may be your fave but you have the rest WDW resort too. How can that be a horrible thing?
A lost ADR wouldn't destroy any WDW trip of mine. And I've made a few trips there.

SBETigg
08-07-2008, 08:30 AM
You couldn't work anything out? That's amazing. There are usually options open, albeit not your first choice and that is disappointing. The Grand Floridian Cafe is really good, if you haven't tried that. I try not to do table service in the MK because I prefer the food and service at the nearby resorts. Best wishes for finding something that pleases you after getting the disappointing news. I agree there are too many MNSSHP nights.

TheRustyScupper
08-07-2008, 09:30 AM
I think Disney should offer a FULL reimbursement for your trip. I don't know how they could let you book a trip and ADR's with money up front and then just go and cancel them. Breech of contract?

1) What breach of contract?
2) There is nothing guaranteed, thus no contract.
3) They have a right to cancel anything, including your DCL cruise ressie.
4) You just have to grin and bear it.
5) Just make an ADR elsewhere, if you can.

NOTE: As far as ADR's, even on the Dining Plan it specifically states that they do not guarantee that you can get an ADR.

FriendsofMickey
08-07-2008, 09:38 AM
I would be highly dissapointed also! However, I agree I would not let it ruin your trip.

Do you have park hoppers? If so, maybe you could hop over to another park? If not, then maybe you could get them to give you an extra ticket to hop for the evening.
Either way, maybe you could get into another restaurant at a different park. Or maybe at one of the resorts.

I think I would be more dissapointed with the park closing early, than having to find another dinning location.
In fact, I am dissapointed that they do not have fireworks every day at MK anymore. :(

Good luck!

FriendsofMickey
08-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh, maybe it will be a huge announcement that will make it all worth it, like a new park or something! :mickey:

Figment78
08-07-2008, 10:04 AM
This is a rather irritating situation for you. It can be very frustrating to have to rearrange ADRs and park days. Perhaps you could post your itinerary and ADRs here on Intercot and see if we can help you out. It doesn't fix the "cancelled ressie" feeling, but at least you won't be so overwhelmed at sitting down again to redo your schedule by yourself.

I too hope that the "announcement" is worth all this hassle.

Magic Smiles
08-07-2008, 11:08 AM
I think Disney should offer a FULL reimbursement for your trip. I don't know how they could let you book a trip and ADR's with money up front and then just go and cancel them. Breech of contract? I would cancel my trip and insist that they compensate me for my trouble and wasted vacation days, that's just me. Let us know how it works out, Walt is probably rolling in his grave! :(

I am sorry, but you would cancel your trip because of one dinner reservation? It is not like they are informing you of the cancellation the day before. You still have 2 months to find somewhere else to eat dinner. Also they didn't pay anything up front for the meals. Its free dining!
Some people need to learn to relax and just go with the flow and enjoy life.

PittFan
08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I am sorry, but you would cancel your trip because of one dinner reservation? It is not like they are informing you of the cancellation the day before. You still have 2 months to find somewhere else to eat dinner. Also they didn't pay anything up front for the meals. Its free dining!
Some people need to learn to relax and just go with the flow and enjoy life.

No, I was actually referring to ALL of the cancellations and changes that Disney has made to their trip. A changed ADR is one thing,but changed ADR's, parks closing @ 4PM, and cancellation of MNSSHP ? Seems a bit much.

luvdiznee
08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I would hope its not for something like Miley Cyrus needing the whole park to herself. That just is not right. :thedolls:OP, I hope you can get another reservation. :mickey:

PittFan
08-07-2008, 12:37 PM

I guess I did overreact... :blush: But I still think Disney should offer some type of compensation with all of these changes. A changed ADR is one thing, but closing the park @ 4pm, cancelling ADR's and MNSSHP is a bit much. This isn't an unforseen circumstance that's unavoidable, such as a hurricane.They simply chose to do this without regard for the guest!

Donald Duck 001
08-07-2008, 12:54 PM
I am sorry to hear about your troubles with Disney I hope with a little magic :magic: it will all work out.

I must say that it appears that Disney doesnt have there act put together this year. The Nov. schedule came out a whole month late, the Jan shcedule was delayed. They reworked the Soap weekends after they had already posted dates. And now to top it off, closing the park early, canceling events that people have paid for well in advance (MNSSHP).

All I can say is that I hope Disney knows what they are doing cos right now it doesnt appear that way.

disneygeek84
08-07-2008, 01:07 PM

We went in January 1990 when President George Bush was in office and he was visiting Epcot on the same day that we were there. They were closing down parts of the park while he was there and then moved him on. Rides were closed down while he was riding, and then once he was off, they would re-open.

I would hate to think that Disney is going to totally close down the Magic Kingdom to let MILEY CYRUS have a Sweet 16 birthday party, but they don't close down Epcot to allow the President of the United States of America enjoy a vacation without having to worry about people seeing him. I think I would have to boy-cot Disney if this were true. Just, IMHO.

r4kids
08-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Umm doesn't Miley live in CA. Wouldn't she go to Disney in Cali? That would be my guess. She is a HUGE money maker for Disney so I have to imagine if that is what she requested then that is what she would get. Not saying it is right. I also have to imagine they would try to have her "party" ( if that is the case) on a night there wasn't already so much going on. I am hoping it is a major announcment!!!!!!

dnickels
08-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Deep breaths everyone.......

- entire vacation ruined because of one dining reservation out of 8 nights
-boycotting Disney
- demanding a full refund
- Disney doesn't know what they're doing

They hold a fair number of 'private' events thoughout the year, some of which are really good things like Grad Nights and we don't even know the reason for the change yet.

Somehow I doubt that Disney is out to try and ruin anyone's vacation.

crazeedizneefinatic
08-07-2008, 01:26 PM
You couldn't work anything out? That's amazing. There are usually options open, albeit not your first choice and that is disappointing. The Grand Floridian Cafe is really good, if you haven't tried that. I try not to do table service in the MK because I prefer the food and service at the nearby resorts. Best wishes for finding something that pleases you after getting the disappointing news. I agree there are too many MNSSHP nights.

Nothing that would work for us anyway. Ohana's was an option but not crazy about it, also I need to work around everyones dislikes, allergies ect.. A ton of work goes into our ADR's that is why I actually hate eating TS. I would go with all CS and not mind it at all. In fact before last year that is what we did and survived on a few character meals. The people I travel with LOVE the free dining, I could take it or leave it. If chicken fingers and fries or grilled cheese is not on the menu I have to worry about feeding my son before hand and things like that. My husband is also VERY picky (hence my son not eating, LOL) and is not adventureous at all. So you can imgine the choices left. Before I made my ADR's I spent a week going over menus and when I made my ADR's I spent a ton of time asking about special dishes and such for my aunt.

Believe me I am not belly aching over a dinner reservation. I am just disappointed with the whole situation. Our favorite park the MK is going to be less of an option while we are there and now this. It's also our last night and I don't know if I am by myself on this one but I would rather be in a park the last night than a restaurant eating dinner at a place or time I had to take just to fill a slot.

Thanks to the OP for telling me to post my schedule so they could help, that was so sweet. I have actually turned this over to my husband. I guess we will eat in Epcot since that park is open till 9pm that night. Just need to find one, looks like we will eat somewhere twice.

I am going to stop whinning now, LOL, and grow up.:blush:

Faver
08-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Sorry to hear that.....

But now I'm going to be waiting to hear the big announcement coming out on Sept. 4th... Very exciting!

disneygeek84
08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Deep breaths everyone.......

- entire vacation ruined because of one dining reservation out of 8 nights
-boycotting Disney
- demanding a full refund
- Disney doesn't know what they're doing

They hold a fair number of 'private' events thoughout the year, some of which are really good things like Grad Nights and we don't even know the reason for the change yet.

Somehow I doubt that Disney is out to try and ruin anyone's vacation.

Oh, goodness. I'm not really going to boycot Disney. And I don't really think they're going to close down MK for Miley Cyrus either, since they canceled the MNSSHP the night before, too. I, too, am among those that are hoping for an announcement that weekend.

BMan62
08-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Sorry to hear that.....

But now I'm going to be waiting to hear the big announcement coming out on Sept. 4th... Very exciting!

I think you mean October 4th, but that's OK!

Quick question: I know they canceled MNSSHP on Oct. 3rd. Did they change the hours for MK that night back to normal, or are they still closing as if MNSSHP was still going on?

If they are still closing early, they must need a lot of time to set up for whatever is taking place on the 4th!!! Sounds like a media circus!!!

dnickels
08-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Oh, goodness. I'm not really going to boycot Disney. And I don't really think they're going to close down MK for Miley Cyrus either, since they canceled the MNSSHP the night before, too. I, too, am among those that are hoping for an announcement that weekend.

Apologies if I missed the sarcasm, :thumbsup: It's one of those things that doesn't come across very well in written form and the rest of the thread seemed ready to declare the end of Disney as we know it.

Figment78
08-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi there... I was the one who offered to check your itinerary...

I had an idea for you. Not knowing any details of your trip, it may not work for any number of reasons but I'm going to throw it out there for you.

If the menu (or substitutions for health reasons) is acceptable to your group, perhaps you could try the Hoop Dee Doo that evening. They have a few shows each night, so you may still be able to get in. You may end up having to shift your free dining credits to pay for something since Hoop Dee Doo is (2), but the show is wonderfully entertaining and someplace different for a birthday celebration. You mentioned that your son likes chicken fingers - would he eat fried chicken? Like I said, I don't know the specifics of your party or if this would appeal to you, but since it is at Fort Wilderness, near to the Magic Kingdom and you can take a boat from the park, which can be a fun experience in itself.

Just a thought....

disneygeek84
08-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Apologies if I missed the sarcasm, :thumbsup: It's one of those things that doesn't come across very well in written form and the rest of the thread seemed ready to declare the end of Disney as we know it.

I realized it after I read your response. Sorry about that.

And they really better have a really good reason for closing the park so early. I can't even imagine how many people's plans got messed up do to this.

Goes4FastPass
08-07-2008, 04:37 PM
1) What breach of contract?
2) There is nothing guaranteed, thus no contract.
3) They have a right to cancel anything, including your DCL cruise ressie.
4) You just have to grin and bear it.
5) Just make an ADR elsewhere, if you can.

NOTE: As far as ADR's, even on the Dining Plan it specifically states that they do not guarantee that you can get an ADR.
1. While this is not breach of contract
2. Disney employees
3. Are supposed to pretend to be
4. Sympathetic
5. At least
6. A little

NOTE: If Miley really is trying to break away from Hannah then the Disney Company would give her the MK for a week to prevent that from happening.

msc_idiot
08-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Here's the piece that I had read on touringplans.com trying to guess what's going on:

"The return of the October hoopla?

Disney has been known in years past for having a major press event hoopla at the beginning of October which coincides with the start of the company's fiscal year. This is usually a massive multi-park press event that announces upcoming attractions and plans for the next several years. There have not been such events for the last few years.

This year many small fragments of information are pointing to the return of such an event with major announcements included. The cancellation of the October 3rd Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party appears to tie directly into this line of logic, allowing the use of Magic Kingdom on a Friday evening for press events.

We're looking forward to the announcements and much excitement for the future of the resort. "

Heather

LisaP
08-10-2008, 07:05 PM
I am sure you'd rather pull your own hair out rather than start over, so why not just flip flop one of your planned days for MK and another park?

Or, you can consider heading to DTD or Boardwalk for that evening and try for some ADR's there.

There is SO much to see and do in and around Disney, you should bounce back with some great plans!

I know what you mean though, you spend ALL that time laying out each day with events and meals planned, and then it's back to the drawing board :confused:

Be optimistic, and everything will work out :thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
08-10-2008, 07:29 PM
1. While this is not breach of contract
2. Disney employees
3. Are supposed to pretend to be
4. Sympathetic
5. At least
6. A little

And where in this thread was there even a suggestion that the CM they worked with wasn't. The OP notes that they were friendly, and then in a later post says that they have lots of issues to work through in terms of allergies etc, not that the CM couldn't do it or didn't try. The CM appears to have been sympathetic and tried to help but the OP understandable has to spend some time working things out a bit.

I do understand the OP's frustration having experienced it ourselves. We have been at Disney a few of times when a park was closed early for a press event or when there was a private party. Disney does do this a lot. They are going to inconvenience someone, that's a given with the number of folks going there, and they do try to work it out as best they can.

I hope you can get satisfactory ressies and at least there is some time to work on this. At Epcot there are a couple of alternates to TS you might try such as Tangerine Cafe and Cantina San Angel. For a TS alternative Kona Cafe is a good spot as is Narcoosees and then there are nice spots in Downtown Disney.

Mickey91
08-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Wow. I am so sorry to hear your disappointing news. We had to leave MK early on our last night in 2005 due to Night of Joy. I hadn't realized when I booked that the event was two nights. It was the only year we didn't park hop so there wasn't another park where we could go. Then, to top it all off, we encountered one of the most hateful CMs in the emporium we have ever met. Not a happy note to leave the happiest place on earth. So, I totally understand your disappointment. I would be extremely angry.

The hoopdedoo sounds fun. Maybe you could try that? Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Then, to top it all off, we encountered one of the most hateful CMs in the emporium we have ever met. Not a happy note to leave the happiest place on earth. So, I totally understand your disappointment. I would be extremely angry.

Did you catch the name or can you give a description? I'm thinking I might have a very good idea of which one it was.

JPL
08-13-2008, 01:51 AM
Umm doesn't Miley live in CA. Wouldn't she go to Disney in Cali? That would be my guess. She is a HUGE money maker for Disney so I have to imagine if that is what she requested then that is what she would get. Not saying it is right. I also have to imagine they would try to have her "party" ( if that is the case) on a night there wasn't already so much going on.

Several rumours are saying MNSSHP was cancelled on the 3rd for a Birthday Party for Miley but they are also going to film it for a TV special for either ABC or the Disney Channel. I'm guessing if this is the case they need to schedule the party for her around her schedule already in place for other obligations. Not saying this is the reason but it makes sense since her actual Birthday is in November they will need time to edit and promote the show before airing it and a month is about the time frame they would need.

Goes4FastPass
08-13-2008, 10:09 AM
And where in this thread was there even a suggestion that the CM they worked with wasn't...

I was suggesting suggesting Rusty's reply was decidedly unsympathetic. Note the similar format of my reply to his post.

crazeedizneefinatic
08-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Okay finally got up enough nerve to review the park schedule and sit down and redo some ressies. Hubby was making me too nervous waiting so long, LOL. We found that MK has EMH on the Tuesday we are there so we are going to try and do LTT. On the 4th we will be doing Epcot so we are going to try and get Le Cellier. We had it on Tuesday but just want to switch it around. I know the CM I spoke with before said they are working very hard to get people what they want even if they have been told no before. We'll see, it's so late in the game. I feel better now that we have a plan anyway, just cross your fingers we can get it to go through. I am waiting for a call back, wish me luck!

r4kids
08-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Several rumours are saying MNSSHP was cancelled on the 3rd for a Birthday Party for Miley but they are also going to film it for a TV special for either ABC or the Disney Channel. I'm guessing if this is the case they need to schedule the party for her around her schedule already in place for other obligations. Not saying this is the reason but it makes sense since her actual Birthday is in November they will need time to edit and promote the show before airing it and a month is about the time frame they would need.

If they are airing it on tv then the Oct bday party would make sense. I am positive if it is aired it will most certainly be on in our house. DD7 absolutley LOVES Hannah Montana and was in tears the other day because she heard on the radio Miley may not contiue the HM show and concerts.

MickeysEars
08-18-2008, 09:52 AM
In fact, I am dissapointed that they do not have fireworks every day at MK anymore. :(

Good luck!

I know this is off topic but...
WHAT WHAT WHAT!!! Since when? Where have I been? I hvaen't read that, just the reduction of Fantasmic Shows.

I am a planner, but now I have to plan for Fantasmic and fireworks too??!! Bah!!! I understand the economy is rough, but I don't want to worry about that at Disney, I go there to escape...:confused::mad:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-18-2008, 10:30 AM
That's actually incorrect. There are fireworks pretty much every night at MK.

You just have to pay to see some of them through a hard-ticket event.

However, if you don't want to pay, you can see them from the Contemporary or the Poly.

MushuGrl
08-18-2008, 11:37 AM
To add to the rumors flying around about that night, there was also some speculation some time ago that the park was closing for a wedding, possibly a celebrity.

With all this glitz and glamour of weddings and birthday parties and press conferences...maybe it's to pressure wash the castle? :D

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-18-2008, 12:07 PM
We have hurricanes for that.

princessjojo
08-18-2008, 12:26 PM
:funny:

disneyfan328
08-18-2008, 12:44 PM
:funny:

OMG that is tooo funny :funny::rotfl:

tinklover
08-18-2008, 01:51 PM
HAHAHAH Jessica I love your sence of humor reminds me of me. if it truly is for an announcement will it be posted her eon teh 5th as to what it was how will we know if it was an announcement is there a site we need to go to other then here?

PittFan
08-18-2008, 11:44 PM

Fay is showing up a little early though!!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-19-2008, 01:31 AM
That's because hurricane season lasts all year.

Most common though, as early as May and as late a November. Official dates are July-November.

And Fay is nothing to worry about. I'm still expected to be at work at 2pm. I only worry for Cat 3 and up.

MushuGrl
08-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Jess I wanna meet you in December!

You rock and stuff.

tinklover
08-20-2008, 08:14 AM
That's because hurricane season lasts all year.

Most common though, as early as May and as late a November. Official dates are July-November.

And Fay is nothing to worry about. I'm still expected to be at work at 2pm. I only worry for Cat 3 and up.
Official dates are actually June 1st - November 30th
Even though most activity is actually august - october

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Meh. You need to understand, us Floridians don't pay attention because we know that summer = hurricane seasons. The dates are just a technicality for the tourists.

ariel326
08-21-2008, 08:27 AM
I think that if they cancel you ADR they should make another where you want to go and when you want to go. Most people schedule their whole trip around the ADRs. WDW should make good for it!!!

FriendsofMickey
08-21-2008, 01:38 PM
I know this is off topic but...
WHAT WHAT WHAT!!! Since when? Where have I been? I hvaen't read that, just the reduction of Fantasmic Shows.

I am a planner, but now I have to plan for Fantasmic and fireworks too??!! Bah!!! I understand the economy is rough, but I don't want to worry about that at Disney, I go there to escape...:confused::mad:

Okay, I stand corrected, I should have said, you cannot just stay in the park every night and see fireworks. It used to be that with the price of your admission you got a fireworks show every night. Now, they close the park for the 'parties' and do not give the general admission fireworks.

I was there two September's ago and watched the fireworks at 6:00 o 7:00 (cannot quite remember), then they had fireworks for the Halloween party at 9:00 and then again at 12:00 or 1:00 (I was gone by then, so don't remember).

So, yes, they have fireworks, but NO not for the person who spent the money to be in the park all day.

So, for those of us with children who do not see spending the money on the party (only to leave within two hours), we can stand outside the gates and see the fireworks when they are put off for the 'guests' of the party.

Therefore, my dissapointment.

This year, I just scheduled around the parties, though there are a couple of nights were we will most likely not see any night time shows. Just because of timing (such as when we do AK and go to Chef Mickey's for dinner after the park closes).

Figment!
08-21-2008, 01:51 PM
The cancellation of Dining Reservations on October 4th appears to be due to the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party recently announced for that night.

See Magic Kingdom Operational Changes for October 3rd & 4th, 2008 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=140682) for more details.

MushuGrl
08-21-2008, 04:52 PM
And Miley IS celebrating her happy burfday in a Disney park. Just not WDW.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20220593,00.html

disneyfan328
08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
so whats the deal with the 3rd then? Is there still some speculation/rumor that there is to be a big announcement that day?

jraczes
08-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Miley Cyrus's party is at Disney Land, not Disney World.

wdwfan
08-25-2008, 01:07 PM
This was in our local paper today!!!

(Tickets for Miley’s birthday at Disneyland — Oct. 5 from 6 to 11 — go on sale Aug. 30 at noon Ohio time. They’re $250 each, limited to the first 5,000 fans, at www.disneyparks.com/miley)

crazeedizneefinatic
08-25-2008, 05:39 PM
This was in our local paper today!!!

(Tickets for Miley’s birthday at Disneyland — Oct. 5 from 6 to 11 — go on sale Aug. 30 at noon Ohio time. They’re $250 each, limited to the first 5,000 fans, at www.disneyparks.com/miley)

OMG! And I thought $52 for the MNNSHP was high. IMHO, this is just plain ridiculous. Can you imgine the crowd! The pushing and shoving! I would never put my little one in this kind of crowd, seems unsafe, even by Disney standards. The average family cannot afford to attend this. Minimum $500 just to walk in the door. What in the world was anyone thinking organizing something like this.

I am so glad that I have a son. I could not imgine trying to get tickets to this, that is even if we could afford it and I would even agree to go.

Goes4FastPass
08-26-2008, 09:18 AM
OMG! And I thought $52 for the MNNSHP was high. IMHO, this is just plain ridiculous. Can you imgine the crowd! The pushing and shoving! I would never put my little one in this kind of crowd, seems unsafe, even by Disney standards. The average family cannot afford to attend this. Minimum $500 just to walk in the door. What in the world was anyone thinking organizing something like this.

I am so glad that I have a son. I could not imgine trying to get tickets to this, that is even if we could afford it and I would even agree to go.

What the organizers were thinking is 5,000 $250 tickets is one a quarter million dollars... and that's before we get ads for "Miley's Sweet 16. Get it Tuesday on Disney DVD and Blue Ray for a limited time." Of course there are already messages around the net about resales and scalpers for those little girls that must have Hannah whatever the cost and the parents that will pay any price, "My DD wants it. I'm not maxed out yet."

From a business standpoint, it makes sense the Disney Company wants so get all they can as soon as possible. Miley is already saying she's ready to stop being Hannah which will be a revenue loss for the company. And what's Miley going to do after Hannah? Try to be the next Britney?

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-27-2008, 12:59 PM
I read on another website that WDW has decided to open on Oct 4 after all . . . for MNSSHP.

Can anyone confirm this?

Can anyone explain this? Why all the changes? I wonder what this is all about.

:confused: