PDA

View Full Version : Fixin Bars & Celiac Sprue

Disney1977
08-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi,

My husband has Celiac Sprue (wheat intolerance) and I am concerned about CS restaurants with fixin bars. I am sure the condiments (mayo, mustard, ketchup) and everything else (lettuce, onion) will be contaminated with wheat.

Can you get these thing from a cast member behind the counter?

Thank you for your replies.

TINKERBELL_82
08-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I apologize for my ignorance, but does this disease require a gluten free diet? If so, I can PM you a very informative link about eating gluten free at WDW.

WDW is notorious for being amazingly accomodating when it comes to special diets. We once had dinner at the Biergarten with a family whos child was allergic to both wheat and dairy, and the head chef personally accompanied the family through the buffet and showed them everything that was safe for him to eat, and even brought out special dishes made just for him.

Just tell the CM about your DH's condition and they will do everything they can to help you out. I would suggest leaving an extra 20 minutes or so for prep time, though.

mousaholic
08-06-2008, 07:58 PM
I have had 4 very successful trips to WDW with celiac disease (for myself and my daughter). We have always stuck to the Table Service and the counter service restaurants (the CS that were listed on the dietary sheets that were emailed to me by Brenda Bennett). We have always had success at counter service and at the resort food courts, the chefs and managers have always been very courteous and informative - giving me fresh food and condiments that were sealed if anything was in doubt...don't worry and have a great time!