PDA

View Full Version : Cantina de San Angel at Epcot

Gregandmel
08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Not sure if I spelled that correctly. We really want a great place to sit and watch Illuminations. We are going to be at Epcot on Wednesday Oct. 5th. We have ressies at Rose & Crown at 7:40 but since we can't "expect" an outdoor seat, not sure if I would want to eat there if we can't. How hard is it to get a seat at Cantina? I know it's an outdoor table service. Thoughts anyone??? We've never been to WDW - have 2 kids ages 8 & 17. Thanks!!!

SBETigg
08-05-2008, 09:22 PM
If you go at around 6 pm, probably no problem. If you wait for later, it fills up fast and no guarantees. The nice thing is that some of you can hold the table with snacks and drinks while others go off to try rides or explore, and then switch, until show time. There is also a Beer Garden outside the Rose & Crown in the UK where you can do this- grab a table, have some drinks, get fish and chips at Yorkshire County. We prefer the UK area. Others prefer the Cantina. But after 6 or 6:30 pm, you may not find a seat with a view in these two areas.

wendy*darling
08-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I know it's an outdoor table service.
Actually- it's an outdoor Counter Service. So you do not need an ADR. But you will have to get there hours early and try to hold a table until it's time for Illuminations. Depending on your family- that may be difficult.
And watch out for the birds...;)

I would keep the ressie for Rose & Crown. And don't worry if you do not get an outside table. At Illuminations time, they will let you out onto the patio to watch, and then you can finish your meal when it's over.

Magic Smiles
08-07-2008, 11:23 AM
We just got a bench to sit on across from China. DH and DS sat and kept the seat while I looked around and shopped. It was a great view. I would imagine that it might be hard to tie up a table and chairs for hours while others are wanting to eat. There are benches placed all around the lagoon.