PDA

View Full Version : Another Riverside Question

kbean
08-05-2008, 09:04 PM
What's your opinion of this resort?

DumboMom
08-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I think the resort is lovely. The hotel has beautiful landscaping, great playgound, pools multiple ways to travel.
One of my favorite features is that I can take the boat from the hotel to downtown Disney. Many nights when my husband and my son fall asleep early. My daughter and I head to the boat for a relaxing ride and some ice cream at Ghirardelli's.
The only complaint I have ever had was the bus service from the MK. On our last trip the FQ bus came three times while we waited for one bus. The crowd was really upset and they did not call for a second bus to assist with the 60 people behind us. Many people hopped on the FQ just to get back to the resort at a reasonable time. Other than that we have always had a nice experience. :mickey:

Ksmith75
08-06-2008, 03:01 PM
My husband and I love this resort. We went the past 2 years and are going again in 2009. It is quiet, but with still alot to do. Bus service is usually quick. Fultons General Store is great for souvs, snacks and general stuff. We have entertained staying at the a few of the Deluxe resorts...(we have eaten dinner in quite a few of them) but we always prefer the PO Riverside. Not just for the price, but the atmosphere....alot of the Deluxe resorts seem so loud and crowded. The food court is pretty good too.!:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
08-06-2008, 05:46 PM
We've stayed at POR twice now. I love it! It is sooooo beautiful! I'm sure we will stay there again sometime in the future. :mickey:

Gibbs
08-06-2008, 07:31 PM
DW and I have stayed at Riverside multiple times. The resort is quite, but has lots of things to do to keep both the kids and the parents entertained. The pool theaming is great, the resturant is great, the food court is good and the night time entertainment at the bar is very entertaining. Once you try it you will be convinced.

disneymom2000
08-06-2008, 08:24 PM
It is a wonderful place to stay. I feel all "Gone With the Wind" when I stay here. I rode the boat to Downtown Disney and stopped off at the resorts along the way to check them out. The restaurant at POR is extremely good and there are quite a few people that come from other resorts to eat there. We did have one night where the bus line was incredibly long to go back to the resort from EPCOT so we just hailed a taxi and got back before everyone else. There are always alternate forms of travel if the bus is taking too long.

Gator
08-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Hate to rain on the party, here. When I first went to WDW, i saw all the pictures of Riverside and thought "This is southern living - just what I want." Then my wife and I got shoved into the Alligator Bayou. We didn't like it at all, especially for our honeymoon. We were hoping that one of the mansions we were walking by would be ours and we were very wrong. If you get a mansion - great. If you get AB (which holds over half of the rooms) - not great. And the bus service is much better at the other Moderates. My 2 cents.

kbean
08-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks guys ....I'll guess I'll book.