PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat at Artist Pt?

Crow
08-05-2008, 07:54 PM
another on my top list Ill be eating at again next month

TexasPrincessAurora
08-05-2008, 08:36 PM
The Smoky Portobello Soup is TO DIE FOR!!! I love the grilled buffalo sirloin. The berry cobbler is wonderful. If Mickey is working ask for him as a server. He's great!

I take the Ferry
08-05-2008, 08:51 PM
The Smoky Portobello Soup is TO DIE FOR!!! I love the grilled buffalo sirloin. The berry cobbler is wonderful.

Ditto, ditto and ditto. That soup is incredible, and the buffalo was fantastic.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

Crow
08-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Ditto, ditto and ditto. That soup is incredible, and the buffalo was fantastic.

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

yep Ive gotten the portobello soup every time:thumbsup:

Tinkerbellfan
08-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Hello,

I have tried both the Tenderloin and the Salmon. My boyfriend has tried the Salmon and the Buffalo. The Tenderloin was wonderful and the Salmon is their signature dish. My boyfriend preferred my Tenderloin to his Buffalo during our last meal. We have also tried the Venison rolls which were quite good. The cobbler is wonderful too.

Enjoy!

Natazu
08-06-2008, 02:53 AM
yada yada Artist Point:
7. Portobello Soup
6. Pot Stickers
5. Grilled Buffalo
4. Seared Scallops
3. Duck Confit
2. Venison Spring Rolls
1. Cedar Plank Salmon

brewcrew26
08-06-2008, 01:57 PM
I also agree with the previous posters. The potstickers were awesome. And the Duck Confit was great. I loved the duck prosciutto that comes with it!!

Giselle
08-07-2008, 10:27 AM
I had the salmon and some chocolate dessert. It was good!

DebK
08-07-2008, 11:45 AM
The filet and berry cobbler were great!

Friend of Figment
08-07-2008, 02:54 PM
We ate there last night. I had the venison spring roll, buffalo and peach upside down cake. My mom had soup, salmon and cobbler. Everything except my dessert was delisious. The cake was ok - it was made with white peaches which don't have an assertive enough flavor to stand up to the brown sugar in the cake.

Crow
08-07-2008, 09:28 PM
glad its still good!
my only thoughts are, Ive never had venison & only have tasted duck once. so not sure if i should try those or not. & Id also have to bypass the Portobello soup then.

ParkMan
08-07-2008, 11:25 PM
It was a while ago, but I had the Salmon.

I'll always remember that dinner. The waiter was telling us about how the fresh the Salmon was. I must have not seem impressed because next thing I know he walked out with a full Salmon. He proceeded to have me look at the fish and "see how tight the scales were".

The story he told me was that they take the fish right off the boat, then fly the fish directly from Alaska to Orlando, and then bring them right to the restaurant. Not sure if that is really true, but it always seemed like a nice idea if true!

Kairi_7378
08-08-2008, 06:26 AM
We had the mushroom soup and venison spring rolls for appetizers. Loved both. The venison in the spring rolls was very well prepared. (Venison can be either very good or very bad, this was the good kind!) We had the halibut and the buffalo steak for entrees. I wasn't thrilled with the halibut but my husband loved his buffalo. For dessert we had the Year of a Million Dreams cake and the coffee two ways. Loved the coffee creme brulee!

Maleficent's Dad
08-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Have almost always had great expriences here.

Last summer, however, was very disappointed. Server was a bit overbearing, really trying to sell the place on us and we were like, "dude, we've been here before!" (Using DDE, he told us several times how the gratuity was not included... prior to the new policy.) So the server was the first let-down.

Food was average, I'm sorry to say. Cedar plank salmon was dry, wife's halibut was disappointing...
Berry cobbler was the most disappointing. We'd never had it before, and therefore had high expectations. Essentially it was a muffin top with some fresh berries in a bowl.

I have had good meals at AP. But after last summer's experience, we're giving it a few years off. :unsure: