PDA

View Full Version : What did you eat at..San Angel

Crow
08-05-2008, 07:52 PM
first night of my trip in Sept Ill b eating here.
what did you have & how was it?

wendy*darling
08-05-2008, 09:51 PM
I love the Mole Poblano. :thumbsup:
And DH usually gets the Plato Mexicano- it's got a little bit of everything he likes.

This is must do on nearly every trip. We'll be back in Sept.

ElenitaB
08-05-2008, 10:04 PM
I love ceviche and I love mole, so that's what I always get there. Both are very good.

TINKERBELL_82
08-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Plato Mexicano and a Dos Equis or :marg: :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-06-2008, 09:30 AM
I had the Plato Mexicano...it was plenty of food, I couldn't eat it all, but it was just a little on the bland side for my liking....the atmosphere is lovely though

DDuck66
08-06-2008, 09:59 AM
I had the Plato Mexicano...it was plenty of food, I couldn't eat it all, but it was just a little on the bland side for my liking....the atmosphere is lovely though

:ditto: We thought it was good, but not "true" Mexican (IMHO). The flavor was a little bland and the Chips n Salsa were typical store bought. The atmosphere is fantastic though.

GoldenDreams
08-11-2008, 12:45 AM
I think I've eaten here 3 times. Twice I had the Mexican Platter and was disappointed. I agree with the poster who found the sample platter to be a bit bland. But one time I had the beef tips (puentes filetes?) and it was WONDERFUL! My husband had a chicken dish that he enjoyed. If we go back, I plan to get a dish rather than the sampler platter.

AmandaChan
08-11-2008, 09:25 AM
During our last trip I got the Pollo a las Rajas. Last year I got the Plato Mexicano. The Pollo a las Rajas is VERY delicious and cheesy and I would get it again in a heartbeat. The Plato Mexicano is nothing spectacular -- steak, enchilada, beans and rice.

My only TRUE complaint about this place -- the chips!!11 They need to do something about those awful chips. Some fresh hot homemade chips would push this restaurant over the edge for me.:marg:

murphy1
08-11-2008, 11:54 AM
I have been twice now and will not ever go back :ack:

#1donaldfan
08-11-2008, 12:33 PM
We love the atmosphere and will continue to go in and "look around" but we'll not eat there again, EVER!!!!! It was horrible!! We've travelled around a bit and it's not even close to authentic.....just in a word or two, it was plain gross......:ack::ack::ack:

SBETigg
08-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Last time, I had the mole poblano and I loved everything except for the actual chicken breast, which was rubbery. The sauce was great. The rice and stuffed poblano pepper was excellent. I liked the ceviche, too.

The pavilion is sponsored by Tostitos, which explains the "store-bought" chips and salsa. I would love to see a change to fresh chips and salsa, but with the Tostitos sponsorship, it won't be happening any time soon.