PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Holiday at WDW?

jdormer33
08-05-2008, 05:41 PM
i know disneyland changes the haunted mansion during the holidays to a nightmare before christmas ride. does this also happen at disney world and if so, when does it change over. im going oct 26-nov 4 and while i love the movie, ive seen the haunted holiday a few trips in a row now at disneyland and im jonesing to see the original.

chrisb26
08-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Walt Disney World doesn't change the Haunted Mansion into the Nightmare Before Christmas like Disneyland which stinks cause I hear that it is awesome.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-05-2008, 05:59 PM
They haven't done it yet, but maybe if people keep asking it will happen.

WDWfanatic742
08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
People have been asking for it for years. Fact is, they do it over there mostly for locals to come during the holiday's since there are a lot more locals that go to Disneyland then Disney World.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Miss Ginger and Miss Laura, two of the top Mansion maids and tour guides for the Mansion, explained that WDW will never get the holiday changeover because we are more global than DL. Because we have more international tourists who wouldn't know the story, and less return locals, they won't bring the holiday over here.

In it's place, they added the 6 hidden Jacks to honor the idea throughout the ride.

msc_idiot
08-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Are these hidden Jacks only during the holidays? I've only been on it once (twice?) since the major rehab and didn't see them, but I had no clue they were there so I wasn't looking for them. That's cool!

Crow
08-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I wish they did as i love NBC & would love to see it @ WDW

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-06-2008, 02:12 AM
Are these hidden Jacks only during the holidays? I've only been on it once (twice?) since the major rehab and didn't see them, but I had no clue they were there so I wasn't looking for them. That's cool!

No, the Jacks are permanent fixtures but they are very very very very very hard to see. I've only been able to see 2 from the ride under normal operations.

If you're fortunate and pay for the VIP tour, they will point all of them out. Otherwise, if you don't know where to look, it is quite easily to pass them and miss.

Imagineer1981
08-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the info CaptJessica, but it still stinks. I guess it gives me more of an incentive to go to DL as well to go see it.