PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat???

MelXThree
08-05-2008, 03:34 AM
I planned all of our meals and made ADR's, then my flights got changed and now I am going to be in WDW a day earlier. I think we will go to MK on that day and are not sure where to eat dinner (TS meal)?

This is the rest of the week:
MK- Crystal Palace
EP- Garden Grill
AK- Tusker House (breakfast) then 'Ohana's(dinner)
DS- Sci-Fi-Dine-In
Chef Mickey's

I wanted to go to Whispering Canyon but I'm not sure if I want to leave the park to eat. Any other suggestions??

By the way I am traveling with my DH, DS5, DS2, DS2 and my parents.

jenny1976
08-05-2008, 06:41 AM
You could try:
The Plaza Restaurant
Cinderella Castle
One of the Monorail Resort Restaurants like Chef Mickey's
1900 Park Fare
Grand Floridian Cafe
O'Hana's, or
Kona Cafe

Hope this helps and enjoy your Extra Day!!!:cloud9:
Have a WONDERFUL trip!!!

wendy*darling
08-05-2008, 07:55 AM
I think you will all love Whispering Canyon! :mickey:
First of all- if it is an MK day- it is a fun boat ride over to the Wilderness Lodge. That in itself is like an attraction- especially for your boys.
The Wilderness Lodge is jaw-dropping breathtaking!
The restaurant is fun- the kids will enjoy the stick pony rides, playing with Lincoln Logs in the waiting area (I think they still have these?) and the antics of the servers.
The lobby of the Lodge is gorgeous, as is the pool.
My boys always loved seeing the stream in the lobby that becomes the beautiful pool. And, of course, they loved playing on the little bridge over the stream, sitting in the huge comfy chairs, looking at the totem poles, etc., etc.

I say it is definitely worth your time to have a meal at the WCC. :number1:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-05-2008, 09:39 AM
You could try Tony's Italian, it gets mixed reviews but you never know if you don't try it:blush:

GhostHost999
08-05-2008, 11:43 PM
How about Liberty Tree tavern?

A good place with delicious food that also gives you nice access to the haunted mansion...a nice plus. :)

wdwfansince75
08-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Things I learned along the way.....infants and 4 year olds love the characters...2 year olds get scared...All younger children hate to leave the park, especially on the first day....younger kids (and some not so young) are usually too excited to eat well on first day....Maybe you could do a CS meal, and, if you are on the DDP, use the extra credit for breakfast at O'hana, 1900 Park Faire or Chef Mickey (or the character breakfast at Beach Club) on your last morning.
If you are determined to do a TS that day, Tony's usually has openings, and if you are lucky (and ask nice), you may get seated outside, in time for a parade...

Also, on arrival day....sometimes it is better to have a late lunch/early dinner before heading to the park....We have done Trails End, then head to the park....Boat trip is fun way to reach the park for the first time.

shepherdgirl
08-07-2008, 03:03 PM
We always try to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern. It's a nice, not to loud place and the food is good -- and plentiful. We also love the hamburgers at Pecos Bill's if you are looking at the possibility of counter service -- the fixin' bar is so good!

MelXThree
08-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks for all your help. Quick question...Do yuo think LTT is a good place to go even though there woun't be characters anymore? Thanks again!!

Hull-onian
08-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Yes, LTT is good, but when we do MK we like to go to Chef Mickeys at around 5:30 for a very fun and good dinner at the Contempary Resort. I guess, we can't have too much fun!:mickey: