PDA

View Full Version : Last trip Ever?

SandmanGStefani24
08-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Last trip, I had assumed would be my last. I got this crazy notion I was getting too old to go and this would probably be my last trip until I had kids to take along. Now, all I can think about is going back. :mickey:

So, I was just wondering if any of you had ever gone to WDW thinking it would be your last time there. I will say I got plenty done with that mentality, but I am very happy to say it's not out of my system, and will be going back sooner rather than later...Anyone else ever have thoughts like this?

allentownguy
08-05-2008, 02:31 AM
nope:mickey: my thoughts were allways when am i going back:party:

mrsgaribaldi
08-05-2008, 02:37 AM
Why would you ever think you were to old?:confused: We don't have kids and we love to go. We are like allentownguy, always thinking of our next trip:mickey:

Dragongirlx
08-05-2008, 03:53 AM
Last year my sister and I said we wouldn't come back this year because of all the hassle it takes getting to Disney from the UK and the major trauma we had just getting to Gatwick airport to fly out. However about a month after we got back they started to show the year of a million dreams adds again on the TV and of curse I was till going on intercot every day so my sister and I just took a snap decison and booked to go back in september and I am so glad we did :mickey:
only 39 days to go:cloud9:

Urbss
08-05-2008, 06:18 AM
I hope that I will always want to go - I never want to get "so old" that I won't want to feel like a kid again.

39 days, 2 hours, 46 mins and 25 seconds until we depart - I can't wait, but it will be even better because I'll get to see it through the eyes of my 3 year old!!

Disney really gets in your blood, doesn't it?

DraganFyre
08-05-2008, 06:25 AM
I have to say I can't believe I would ever NOT want to come back to WDW. I have gone several times as a child and as an adult and I have to say it has been alot more fun as I have gotten old. I am really looking forward to taking my DW and DD1 for the first time ever this year. Only 35days, 41mins, 10secs!!!! I couldn't be more excited!!! :darth:

Marker
08-05-2008, 07:08 AM
I got this crazy notion I was getting too old to go and this would probably be my last trip until I had kids to take along.

Who made those rules? Seriously, my decision on whether or not I want to go to WDW, or anywhere, could never be based on what other people think.

Actually, when I look at a lot of things that adults are "supposed" to do, well frankly, I'd rather be at WDW.

biodtl
08-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Nope - I'm usually planning my next trip in my head.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Everyone's a kid at Disney, I could easily go by myself but I do enjoy sharing this time with my son:)

LauraF
08-05-2008, 09:20 AM
One time.

My parents took me as a graduation present from college, and at that point with no job prospects, I didn't expect I'd be back for a very long time, if ever. Even in the late 1990s WDW was expensive for a poor college student.

Hah!
I've been back three times since then. And I'm just as excited as can be every time I go.

Claudielou
08-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Last time ever? Not for us! Our kids are grown and our grandchildren are jealous because we are going to DW without them!!!:blush: We would take them if we could, but we are looking forward to this trip for just us two old folks:woohoo: You are only as old as your feel.

Jforrest2
08-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Every once in a while we think that it will be our last for a while but it doesn't last long. Although last year my DW did make us go to Hawaii. :blush:

That was last year though now it's only 38 Days 6 Hrs 30 Mins 16 Secs until we are back! :mickey:

Cheloconnell
08-05-2008, 09:39 AM
There was only one real time in my life I can say I didn't want to go back. We took our first son when he was 18 months old. He was a terror - cranky and scared of everything and I mean everything. We swore to never go back with him. Then along came son #2. We couldn't believe it. At 15 months old, we had a trip planned with him and the now 4 year old. The 4 year old still was scared to try some of the rides, but he was better. The 15 month old was great. Since that time in 2006 we have been 4 more times with them. We have trips planned for October 08 and April 09 with them and one for just my husband and I in December for our 10 year anniversary. We recently bought annual passes since we also went this past April. My parents used to take me once a year starting at the age of 5, so I think it has always been in my blood. Lately, we just can't seem to get enough. We are going to live the Magic as long as we can :mickey:

diz_girl
08-05-2008, 09:59 AM
After our 1997 family trip (with DH, Mom, Dad, Sis and future BIL), we didn't go back for several years. Before we left on that trip, my family didn't think that they should go back until there were grandchildren to take.

Well, it was eight years until my DH and I went again, sans children. I didn't realize how much I missed the place until our 2005 trip. We went again last year when I was expecting. Why should we not go because the rest of my family wrote some artificial rule? We'll be going again in December, this time with the entire family, including grandchildren. We now hope to go every other year for the foreseeable future. Yeah!

If it's a place where you like to go, then go. When you think that you're too old, then you become too old. Youth is a state of mind. So go and enjoy yourself.

BMan62
08-05-2008, 10:03 AM
My first time was going to be my last time! (Keyword: WAS)

I had no need for a 'kiddie park,' it held absolutely no interest for me.

What an ID-10-T!!!! Now, we are looking at skipping next year and I'm a little depressed about it. AND we haven't made THIS years trip yet!!! (42 days 'til touchdown!)

I think most people can empathize with you on this. The addiction is too strong though!

indytraveler
08-05-2008, 10:07 AM
The year was 1999 and our family was expecting child #3. We would be out numbered and playing zone defense instead of man to man. As I left the park that night and looking back at the castle I was wondering when would be the next time I would get to see it again. It had been over 10+ years since I saw it last. Well things worked out different than I thought and we have been going back every summer for the last 10 years. Now kids are getting older and summer sports schedules coupled with earlier back to school times means its getting tougher to get to WDW. So I'm having those thoughts again after I left the park this last time in June.

mattandmandy
08-05-2008, 10:10 AM
My husband and I loved going before we had kids. In fact this will be our first trip with our toddlers and are excited to see it through their eyes. But even if we had never had kids I know Disney would have still been a regular vacation.

I love one of the Disney commercials that has the retired couple on Dumbo with their arms in the air and huge smiles on their face. Disney is for for ALL ages!!!!

dolphinmickey9170
08-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Dr. G will have to come and pry my cold, lifeless body off of an attraction, 'cuz as long as I am still breathing, I'll be going to Disney!!

Disney Lynn
08-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Interesting thread! Our DD is now grown (working and off on her own), and we don't have grandkids yet, so we find ourselves doing other vacations (we love to cruise). However, every few years, the WDW "bug" bites. (Someone used the word "addiction" and that's a good explanation!)

So this year, we bought AP's and have gone once already with two more trips booked. As long as WDW adds new rides and shows, we'll probably never have a truly last trip. Plus, we love the "adult" activities too (like the Food & Wine Festival).

MNNHFLTX
08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Nope, I try never to think that way. I would get too sad if I did.:mickey:

kbean
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Yes I can't wait for disney open up their "Old Folks Kingdom" For example they are to have Monster's Inc Laugh stage, but instead of filling the tanks with laughs, it will be oxygen tanks. And the People Mover will be the wheelchair mover; space mountain will be Over the hill mountain. You guys get the point.

brownie
08-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Nope, always hoping it isn't my last time. I don't think you can ever be too old to go to Disney World, and you certainly don't need kids to be able to go.

jenny1976
08-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Actually, although I don't think of myself as old and I would never be too old for WDW, I am experiencing a similar feeling this year. You see, my DH and I just bought our first apartment and recently had to change the car. With all that expense plus starting adoption proceedings in December I doubt seriously we will be able to go in a while. So although I am pumped for this most amazing B-day trip. I am a little sad.
You'll see, the bug WILL and DOES come back, you just have to see the parks with different eyes.

Hope this helps!
Only 45 days 1 hour, 2 minutes, and 00 seconds to leave!!!!!:cloud9:

CaptainSad
08-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I thought that too at one time. My wife and I have been so many times that she kind of has lost interest in WDW. Blasfamy I say...lol. She said she wanted to see other things before she goes back to the Mouse House. I said Nay,Nay.. So back in July of last year we made a deal. I would go to WDW and she would go on a cruise. As early Christmas presents to each other we gave each other a trip. She went with a couple of friends to the Carribean in October and I went to WDW the week before Christmas. I know this may contradict a post I said in a different thread about the price of WDW. But I have a time share on Disney property (Bonnett Creek) that I used. ($0) All I needed was an Airline ticket (Jet Blue $99 each way),Car rental (Thrifty $156 for a Chrysler 300,nice car. It only had 35 miles on it. Nice to be the first to drive the car.), A 4 Day PH which I already had awhile ago), 2 different tickets for the MVMCP ($90) and food (Mostly counter service and 1 Character breakfast and 1 sit down Dinner). Oh and some gifts to bring back with me. I did pretty well with a budget of $1200. I actually had money to bring home. My wife spent about the same on her cruise. I would do this again in a heartbeat. So don't ever think it is your last trip. Go by yourself once. It is fun and you get to do anything your time allows. Nobody to hold you back. It will be tough from now on if you have a family. I hate to imagine what it would cost a family of six now compared to what it cost me with 6 back in the 80's and 90's.

disneygeek84
08-05-2008, 12:09 PM
This will be my our last trip...until we have kids! My DH and I have been every year since we started dating in '04 and unfortunately, this will be our last until after we have kids. We decided that next year we'll start trying, so I'm not sure when we'll be back. But my dad is starting to get excited because my sister is expecting her first (and the first grandbaby!) in January, so he said he'd wait until I had one too and take them both at the same time for their first trips.

So it's not the end of Disney for us...it's just the end of Disney without kids...until they grow up and move out on their own, and then we'll be back without kids! :mickey::D:mickey::D:mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
08-05-2008, 12:19 PM
My last trip will be when I pass on, and DH takes my ashes and sprinkles some of them in a very secluded spot on the very fringes of our favorite resort - nowhere populated by anyone except an occasional alligator.:thumbsup:

AmandaChan
08-05-2008, 01:05 PM
This is actually kind of funny. My husband and I have been three years in a row and each time we tell ourselves we probably shouldn't come back until we have kids and they're 5 years old-ish.

But here I am dreaming and thinking about Disney and looking at prices for December and May next year. I just want to move to Florida and work as a nurse in Orlando and get a season pass!

ILoveLegos
08-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm single with no kids, but I'm happy to take my niece, nephews and cousins as often as possible, even with all of this, I have to agree with the original poster. Yes, I get into "the last trip mode" sometimes and that's when I went places like to Hawaii, Cancun, Aruba, Canada, Fanning Island, Rock Island, Houston, San Antonio or visited those "other attraction" places in Florida. Now I have immediate plans for Japan. It's okay though because when I come back from those "other" places, I know that I'm probably going to go somewhere else next time and sometimes that next place is Disney - it's not a bad system for me! :mickey:

Soul_Power
08-06-2008, 10:22 PM
I think it's part of the magic :magic: of Disney. No one is too young or too old to feel at place there! Right when I came back from my first trip to WDW, I was already thinking of when I could go back!

Belster
08-07-2008, 12:42 AM
It truly is an addiction. I will never stop going, I will never stop getting excited!

Lizzie
08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
We knew last September wouldn't be our last trip. But our last for a few years. We are expecting in Febuary and won't travel while I am pregnant. And not in the first few months of the new babys birth. We probably won't be back until 2011 but will visit Disneyland to get our fix in until then.

But I told my husband since were waiting so long we are staying for two weeks so we can see everything and still go at a slow pace.

AHOTE
08-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I've never thought about a trip being my last but I think of my last trip often. :thumbsup: