PDA

View Full Version : Best outdoor dining for Illuminations

Kerr0173
08-04-2008, 12:41 PM
DH and I would like to go out for a nice dinner one night , leaving the kiddos with the GP's. We are staying at the Epcot resorts. So, is there a restaurant at Epcot where we can sit outside for a late dinner and watch Illuminations?

Thanks, Kerrie:mickey:

Disney fans..
08-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I think the best restaurant to sit outside at and enjoy the fireworks is Rose and Crown. We were lucky enough to get a seat outside right before they started once and it was a great additional to a wonderful meal.

allentownguy
08-04-2008, 01:05 PM
i second rose & crown:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
08-04-2008, 01:14 PM
You can try for Rose and Crown, however please note that outdoor seating, as you may expect, is limited and extremely popular. You may not get what you want. If I recall correctly, you cannot request an outdoor table.

big blue and hairy
08-04-2008, 01:16 PM
You can try for Rose and Crown, however please note that outdoor seating, as you may expect, is limited and extremely popular. You may not get what you want. If I recall correctly, you cannot request an outdoor table. Well, you can request one, but that doesn't mean you'll get one.

DW and I love to eat at Cantina San Angel and relax up to Illuminations.

:sulley:

Tygger7
08-04-2008, 01:18 PM
You can try for Rose and Crown, however please note that outdoor seating, as you may expect, is limited and extremely popular. You may not get what you want. If I recall correctly, you cannot request an outdoor table.

You can ask to be seated outside, there's just no guarantee that they'll be able to grant your request. If you're celebrating a special event (anniversary, birthday), be sure to note it on your reservation and you'll have a better chance of getting seated outside.

We tried Rose & Crown for the first time in May. The entire staff was so sweet to us since we were celebrating our 20th anniversary. We were seated outside, with a beautiful view of Illuminations. And, the staff came to our table & sang "All You Need Is Love" and gave us a card that they had all signed. This place is awesome, and the food was some of the best we've eaten. Make your ADR's early, and try to get a 7:45-8:00pm time slot. Good luck!! :beer:

bruin1344
08-04-2008, 01:31 PM
i highly recommend rose & crown, i think that and french restaurant are the only outdoor ts options, rose & crown is better than french restaurant

Mackflava99
08-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Rose and Crown- no doubt the best-

No other one will give you as nice a view-

Wickster1970
08-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Rose and Crown....hands down!
:cool:

Goes4FastPass
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
The Rose and Crown and Illumniations topic has come up many times.

he bottom line is you can request to sit outside when you check-in but do not make it a deal breaker for enjoying your evening - you're requesting what EVERYONE is requesting when they check-in.

brownie
08-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Rose & Crown or the Cantina de San Angel.

spiderkd
08-04-2008, 05:19 PM
It's funny, I have never actually done the Rose and Crown as it seems too obvious (being from the good 'ole UK). Is it really worth it???
Or would it just be a bit too close to home, like the American intercotee's eating at the US pavilion.

ElenitaB
08-04-2008, 06:05 PM
You might feel that, indeed, it is a bit too close to home (and maybe there, but not there). It is a lovely view, however, even if it is a bit obstructed.

gojoe
08-04-2008, 06:45 PM
We requested outdoor dining. I tried to play up the fact I was Irish and so was the hostess Her best friend in Ireland had my same name too. We were so disappointed to be seated indoors. We had our meal and I was right on with the timing. I asked for the check and sent everyone outside to get a good viewing point. My waitress came over to me and told me to go see the fireworks with my family she would hold the table till be got back. It was a hot humid August night I'm so glad we ate indoors. We came back to the table and order desert. That was four years ago. The kids still talk about it to this day. Great meal, great show and wonderful service. Just don't be disappointed if you sit indoors. :thumbsup: