PDA

View Full Version : Villains Attraction

MMouse6937
08-04-2008, 11:45 AM
I was just reading in one of my magazines about a "Villains: Movie Characters You Love To Hate" walk through at the end of the Backlot Tour. Can someone tell me exactly where this is? I remember the backlot tour and the area with all the movie props but then I remember being dropped off outside of a gift shop and that's it. I'm interested in seeing this, sounds great. Thanks for the information!! :thumbsup:

Dyanna
08-04-2008, 12:13 PM
I'd like to know more about this too. Hopefully someone out there can fill us in on the details.

Imagineer1981
08-04-2008, 12:22 PM
HMM...I'd like to know too...

chrisb26
08-04-2008, 12:42 PM
The Villans Exhibit is located the same place as the gift shop. After the tram drops you off you go into the building which features costumes from Villans from many movies. I do believe they change the costumes out from time to time. When I was last there in May they had costumes from: Star Wars (Darth Vader) Chronicles of Narnia (White Witch) Alien (The Alien) as well as several others. I believe its presented by AFI. It is pretty cool.

EJS-Houston
08-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Can I assume y'all are talking about the Disney Studios Theme Park? I'd like to see this too!

disneylovinmom
08-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Oooh yeah. I forgot about that. They had a costume from the "Planet of the Apes" of the main baddie monkey and it looked sooo real. Spooky real.:jaw:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-04-2008, 10:13 PM
I remember in May 07 one of the Storm Trooper costumes. Darth Vader costume too...and I beleive Cruella DeVil's outfit worn in the live-action 101 Dalmations was there too!

Chris :hatter:

Mousemates
08-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey, I'm not quite sure how we've missed this, but we have...will look forward to chiecking it out in Dec/Jan.

azcavalier
08-06-2008, 10:25 AM
You have to walk through this to get off of the Backlot Tour ride. We've been going on this every year for the last four or five, and I don't think that they've ever removed anything, though they have added a few things. It does have a Stormtrooper and Darth Vader, some stuff from the White Witch of Narnia, an Alien, and some other stuff. It's pretty cool, but it's in really low light, and they're all behind glass, so it's just awful if you try to take pictures. You can't do it without a flash, and the flash always bounces off the glass so you can't get a good shot.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-06-2008, 01:27 PM
You can take pictures without a flash and have them come out really well.

All you need to do is adjust your manual settings.

phillydan
08-06-2008, 04:44 PM
There is also a display with Capt. Barbosa.

Photo tip - do not use flash.

Villains0501
08-15-2008, 03:01 PM
U have to take the backlot tour at the end they direct u to the exhibit. it was recently refurbished and took out a lot of exhibits (i.e. Wizard of Oz and Star Wars). I believe they put in Pirates, Narnia, and Enchanted stuff

mcjaco
08-15-2008, 03:33 PM
You can take pictures without a flash and have them come out really well.

All you need to do is adjust your manual settings.

Shooting from an angle, rather than straight at the glass, works too. :thumbsup: