PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Room Rates Frustrating

Terk24
08-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I have rooms booked for cash and points next year. I called today to find out the real cash price and DVC does not have that information yet. How can non-members be offered exact room rates and Members prices are not available yet? I called Disney direct and was offered a rate of $640 for a 2BR at BW, yet no exact prices are available when you call DVC.

aurorafan
08-04-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure what you're referring to in regards to non-members getting lower prices than members, unless it's the promotion they were running recently. However DVC doesn't offer that promotion--cash ressies for non-members are made through CRO with inventory that's been deposited from DVC. Cash inventory is separate from DVC inventory in other words. I'm still a little fuzzy on the technicalities of it, but I do know that much lol ;).

As for why they don't have the 2009 cash rates for us yet I'm not sure. I would guess their reservation system is separate from CRO, so they may just be a bit slower with the update (typical for DVC from what I've been reading ;))

Through the looking Glass
08-04-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't know if this is the same thing, but we pay for extra days using cash we save. Last year they had days for non members at the AP rate and no discount days for DVC members.(apprx same discount) I questioned this being it was a "Vacation Club Resort" and DVC members should get preference on 'cash rooms'. Of course I couldn't get a reply, I coundn't use the AP discount and keep the same room for the stay. I wrote DVC member services and never recieved a reply. The wife feels it's some sort of gimmic to get more liquidable cash for each room. We have paid for our rooms in advance, ie they would rather us use points and use them up than pay the cash, and have the points for later use. Also, during that week there were only three days that could be discounted. Of course not a friday or saturday where we would save the most points.

MinnieMommie
08-06-2008, 08:52 PM
I called DVC a couple of weeks ago and asked about the room rate a BC for our stay in jan through Feb 09. The '09 room rates were not yet available and I was told the rates would not be available for a while. My query was about the cost of a room for a friday and Saturday night during our stay. We were able to get a room paying out of pocket and would be able to stay in the same room without moving. The room was a DVC room and not a BC hotel room. The rate was around $380 (can't find my notes now) per night for the studio. :mickey:

Terk24
08-06-2008, 10:09 PM
I called back today and still nothing. The whole thing still puzzles me.

I do know that as long as they have cash and point DVC rooms available, you can stay in the same room. I have 7 reservatiosn for one 2 BR villa a BW from Jan 23-Feb 16. We pay cash for the weekends and use points for the rest of the week. They are all seperate reservations numbers all linked otgether to ensure we keep the same room.