PDA

View Full Version : Something that is making me worried!

disneycutie165
08-04-2008, 08:18 AM
I have this spot on my leg that is very pale brown and it has little spots in it that are a darker brown. Does anyone know what this could be? Is it a sunspot or should I get it removed?

tmosier
08-04-2008, 09:06 AM
I'd err on the side of caution and go see a dermatologist. Hope it's nothing!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-04-2008, 10:17 AM
check with a dermatologist, but if it has changed in size or colors its best to remove it

kakn7294
08-04-2008, 10:22 AM
It could just be a sunspot, but you should definately get it looked at and quite possibly removed.

BigRedDad
08-04-2008, 02:12 PM
DEFINITELY get it looked at. I had a small spot on my face that I never had looked at. It turned out to be a basal cell carcinoma. Although not too terribly bad, the surgery was much worse since it had grown. Initially, it could have been simply been removed in the doctor's office a local anesthetic.

My dermatologist said, the early it is detected, the easier it is to fix.

diz_girl
08-04-2008, 02:25 PM
I have pale skin and my dermatologist tells me that if anything looks unusual to go in and get it checked out.

DizNee143
08-04-2008, 04:25 PM
if your even questioning it i would go to the dermatologist and get it looked it..rather them tell you its nothing then you going crazy over it..

tinkerbellybutton
08-04-2008, 05:08 PM
I would definately get it checked by a doctor. :pixie: Good luck.

Dragongirlx
08-05-2008, 04:21 AM
Disneycutie165 go and get this checked out - better to be safe than sorry.

Recently I found a hard lump under my tattoo which had me really worried because my tatoo is black and I couldn't really see what it was.

I went to the doctor who reffered me to the dermotologist. It took three dermotologists to figure out what it was. Turns out I had been bitten by some sort of insect and the lump was scar tissue from that (must have been a really big bug). So it wasn't serious but I am glad I did because worrying about it as making me sicker than the lump itself.

Your spot is likely to be nothing but get that worry out of your head and go see the doctor.

disneydeb
08-05-2008, 06:49 AM
When in doubt
Check it out!

good luck!

crazypoohbear
08-05-2008, 09:25 AM
DO NOT WAIT. CALL THE DOCTOR NOW!!
As a Malignant Melanoma survivor I would run not walk to the doctor!IF you have something and it is caught early then your chance of survivial is quite large almost 99%.
If you wait your 5 year survivival rate drops to 15%! YES 15%
I'm not saying you have melanoma but I'm not saying you don't either. ONLY a board certified dermatologist can tell you what it is that you have.
GO NOW!!!!

MNNHFLTX
08-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Definitely get it checked out by a dermatologist, just to be safe.