PDA

View Full Version : runners at Poly

2Princesses4Us
08-04-2008, 01:17 AM
My husband and I are pretty serious runners... what is the jogging path like at Poly? Will we need to run around in circles are there some options for running?

THANKS!
:mickey:

TammiMcMan
08-04-2008, 09:46 AM
There is a jogging path at the Poly, which is 1.5 miles around. You can get a map at the front desk, but it is basically a loop around the resort property. You can extend it by running further to the TTC or the GF.

Your stay at the Poly also entitles you to free use of the GF Spa and Fitness center.

A Big Kid
08-04-2008, 10:27 AM
I also think you can run northbound along the monorail route. The path ends at a canal where the floats for the EWP are stored. It is not usually crowded on that path.

ThanxForNoticin
08-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I think there might also be a way to run from Poly, through the TTC, and over to the wooded running trail at Fort Wilderness. I can't tell you how far that is, but someone at the Poly should be able to help you.

Polynesian Dweller
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I think there might also be a way to run from Poly, through the TTC, and over to the wooded running trail at Fort Wilderness. I can't tell you how far that is, but someone at the Poly should be able to help you.

Nope, don't try that. Definitely not pedestrian friendly with no connecting walkways and a very busy road to cross. Its not safe.

We're walkers, not runners now but you can make it a good long distance to do the circuit of the Poly starting toward the east (TTC), then going westward and around the lagoon past the Wedding Pavillion and over to GF and head over to the GF boat dock and come back. Makes a good long loop.

ThanxForNoticin
08-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Nope, don't try that. Definitely not pedestrian friendly with no connecting walkways and a very busy road to cross. Its not safe.

Thanks for the follow-up. Better to be safe. I wasn't sure. But I will say that the running trail at FW is pretty nice - it might be worth safely taking a bus from TTC to FW and running once you get there.

donnah77
08-05-2008, 06:55 AM
There is a nice path that leads across the street from Poly to Shades of Green, which has oodles of running room. My sister ran the paths thru the golf courses and whatnot last year and said it was very nice.