PDA

View Full Version : Forget the lines...we're going anyway!

GhostHost999
08-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Here's something fun for you folks (I hope).

Which ride is or was out there (and I know we all have one) that no matter how completely awful the line looks, you know you've got to get on? Now I know with the advent of fast pass, many line terrors have gone away, but there are still some out there. :thedolls:

As a kid, mine was 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea...that thing always had at least a 30-45 minute wait, but sometimes you just have to go anyway. (Glad I did because the next time I went to WDW it was gone). :(

tys_mommy
08-04-2008, 09:42 AM
I can't say that anything is worth waiting more than 30 minutes for my family - there will always be another trip.

DH & DS9 waited 60 minutes for Sorain in April – I sat off with the 2 little ones while they napped – boy were they ever disappointed with wasting an hour waiting for the ride – neither one cares to ever ride it again.

But just for fun - for the point of this thread - I'd probably say my DS would wait forever for Buzz's Space Ranger Spin - he's totally psyched to ride Toy Story Mania next week – and from what I hear that may be our second ever 30+ minute long line just to humor him but we’re hoping to use EMH and FP to our advantage.

wdwfansince75
08-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Boy, are we WDW veterans getting spoiled! In the pre-fast days, most of us would routinely wait an hour or so for SM, BTMRR, Splash Mtn, Peter Pan, and even the Jungle Cruise...sometimes on the same day!. Before fast pass, I spent more time in the queue for Space Mountain than I did in my room!

Even since the start of Fast Pass, when they are all gone, I have waited for up to an hour for Soaring, for Test Track, for RnR, and for Splash Mtn....and definitely would if necessary for EE ...and however long it takes for Toy Story Midway Mania...so my answer to the OP would be any those six...Soaring, TT, RnR, Splash, EE, and my new personal favorite, TSMM.

Dawnya
08-04-2008, 10:13 AM
We have waited up to 2 hours to ride Soarin' and would gladly do it again. It one of my family's favorite rides.

MushuGrl
08-04-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm agreeing with Soarin'!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-04-2008, 01:16 PM
It wouldn't be a trip to DW if I couldn't ride POTC or HM...yes, I would stand in line

Imagineer1981
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
DH & DS9 waited 60 minutes for Sorain in April – I sat off with the 2 little ones while they napped – boy were they ever disappointed with wasting an hour waiting for the ride – neither one cares to ever ride it again.

I couldn't agree more!!!!!

Boy, are we WDW veterans getting spoiled!

Yes we are, I would gladly wait no matter what for POTC and Peter Pan

Disney fans..
08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
We have waited and will wait again if need be for Sorin and Test Track..can't pass them up.

kemps@wdw
08-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Back in the day (way back:D), I would wait however long it took to get on Space Mt, cause that was the BIG DOG :puppy: THANK YOU WDW FOR FASTPASS!:yay::woohoo::muscles::high5: Now, I never wait over 15-20 min for my fave attractions. I figure, if I miss it this time...no worries! :shake:...I'll be back!:exactly:

Mousemates
08-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Splash Mountain and RnR could still squeeze an hour wait out my family....and maybe toy story mania for a few more trips (the queue is so entertaining the wait doesn't seem quite as long.)

CaptSmee
08-06-2008, 02:26 AM
I don't care how long the line is, i'm riding Haunted Mansion several times during my visit! Forunately, I know how to avoid most of the crowds.

As a kid it was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Going back 18 years later before it closed and riding it I was like, what the heck was the big deal when I rode it as a kid? Cardboard looking cutouts?

Fantasmic
08-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Splash Mountain for me! It has to be done

grumpyguy
08-06-2008, 07:16 AM
but!!i still would wait for,hm,pirates,splash and
space mountain..probably tot as well oh yeah rnr too..and last but not least small world (just kidding).:thumbsup:

bruin1344
08-06-2008, 01:21 PM
i wont wait more than 30 min for most part but if there was no alternative time to go, prob splash mountain

wonderalice23
08-06-2008, 02:31 PM
I remember my first trip and making my parents and sisters wait 75 min for Splash Mountain..(in August)..it has a cool queue so it wasn't too bad, for me anyways. I can still remember sitting next to my sisters while my mother screamed at us...just before the last drop "Hold on to Susan!" (the youngest, she was 7 at the time) One of the most memorable rides of my life!

Faver
08-06-2008, 02:37 PM
ToT, RnRC, and Soarin' Those are my favorites and I'd wait for hours if need be! :mickey:

MickeyChick
08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I missed Spaceship Earth on my last trip, so however long it takes this time, I'm waiting.

texasteacher
08-07-2008, 11:05 AM
It sounds like all of us Disney "veterans" know how to avoid long lines, but if I had to wait for one ride it would be Space Mountain.

KAJUNKING
08-07-2008, 11:44 AM
I missed Spaceship Earth on my last trip, so however long it takes this time, I'm waiting.

:ditto: for me it would be spaceship earth and rcnrc because both were closed last year while we were there

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Believe it or not, Peter Pan for me. We use FP now of course. But, if FP was down for whatever reason, we would be waiting in line to ride it.:blush:

disney99
08-08-2008, 11:45 AM
RnR or BuzzLightyear Spin.. Those are probably the only two I would wait as long as needed to ride at least once every trip.

Dickson Thunder
08-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Splash Mountain and Soarin would definitely be worth an hour wait.

There are about 10 or 12 more that might be
depending on how tired we were and how hot
it is.

Thank you Disney for Fastpass.

:cool: