PDA

View Full Version : MK Monorail Question

bkfree
08-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Does the monorail at MK go straight to the Contemporary resort or do you have to go to TTC and change to a resort Monorail?

I ask because we have dinner ADR at 5:30 at the Wave and want to get wristbands for late EMH at MK before we head to the restaurant.

I am right in thinking that we have to do get the armbands during the 2 hours right?

This will be Mon Dec. 8th.

Ok, I get really confused reading the posted park hours here.
It says that the MK hours for Dec 8th are 9am to 8pm.
So does this mean that late EMH is from 8-11pm?
So armbands will be given out from 6-8pm?
If so we should make it back from eating before 8pm, right?
If you arrive after 8pm and you are an onsite resort guest, does this mean they will not let you in?

GEESH, this is really getting confusing and this will be my 3rd trip, and I thought I was beyond all the confusion

bingie
08-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Does the monorail at MK go straight to the Contemporary resort or do you have to go to TTC and change to a resort Monorail?

--> It does there directly. When you exit MK, take the monorail on the left, it is the resort monorail and will travel to the Contemporary, Poly, TTC and finaly GF.

I ask because we have dinner ADR at 5:30 at the Wave and want to get wristbands for late EMH at MK before we head to the restaurant.

I am right in thinking that we have to do get the armbands during the 2 hours right?

--> No, you can also get them after.

This will be Mon Dec. 8th.

Ok, I get really confused reading the posted park hours here.
It says that the MK hours for Dec 8th are 9am to 8pm.
So does this mean that late EMH is from 8-11pm?

--> Yes

So armbands will be given out from 6-8pm?

--> Yes. Sometimes earler.

If so we should make it back from eating before 8pm, right?
If you arrive after 8pm and you are an onsite resort guest, does this mean they will not let you in?

--> You will still be allowed in the park, as long as you have your room key.

GEESH, this is really getting confusing and this will be my 3rd trip, and I thought I was beyond all the confusion

:)

Polynesian Dweller
08-03-2008, 11:30 PM
I'll answer the part about the monorail and leave it up to someone else who has more experience with EMH to answer that part.

At MK you can board the resort monorail and its next stop is the Contemporary. You are also close enough to the Contemporary to walk there in about 10 minutes as another alternative. There are always lots of people walking to and from the Contemporary and it might be the preferred way from what I see.

bkfree
08-03-2008, 11:32 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU
I think the fog is lifting now.

For some reason I always thought that you ONLY had that 2 Hour window to get your armband for late EMH.
Knowing that you can arrive after that makes things a whole lot easier.
Again, thank you.

SBETigg
08-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Don't take the Express Monorail. That goes to the TTC and you will have to change monorails and go all the way back around. Take the Resort Monorail, and you will go to the Contemporary as a first stop.

You can get wristbands whenever- before, after, as long as EMH is ongoing and you are a resort guest, you will get in. No worries.

If it is an evening EMH night and the hours are listed as to 8 pm, then that means the park closes for EMH people at 11 pm. Again, you can get wrist bands and entrance at any time that the park is open for EMH (or a few hours before regular closing) as long as you are a resort guest.

bkfree
08-04-2008, 01:26 PM
How is it I never knew this.
This puts a much easier slant to our trip.
Trying to eat dinner somewhere and be at that park during the 2 hours before closing was hard to do.

That noise you heard was me exhaling.:cloud9: