PDA

View Full Version : Southwest/jetblue Whhelchair/stroller Checkin

ISLE39
08-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Ok So Im Having Knee Surgery In 2 Weeks And Then Im Leaviing One Month After That. I Will Not Be Fully Recovered To Do Wdw Like I Normally Do Which Is Go Go Go. So Im Thinking Of Bringing A Wheelchair From Home That We Have.

My Question Here Is This. On Jetblue And Sw Flying Sw Going Jb Coming Home Is A Wheelchair/stroller (i Dont Have Both Just Using A Stroller As A Reference)counted As A Carryon Or Do U Still Get Your 2 Carryons.

I Have Seen Numerous People Bring There Own Strollers Aboard The Plane But Dont Know If They Are Included As A Checkin Item Or A Carryon Or Nothing.

Trev&Ev Mom
08-04-2008, 08:47 AM
We flew Southwest from ISP last year. My mother in law brought her wheelchair from home. It was not counted as a carry on. She used it right up to the plane door and had to give it up to be stowed under the plane. It was returned to her at MCO as she was walking out the plane door. Hope that helps!

LittleRoosMommy
08-04-2008, 09:20 AM
We have flown SW multiple times since we have had kids and have never had any problems bringing our stroller right to the gate with us. When you get to the gate, check at the desk and they will give you a claim ticket for your WC. They will allow you to go right down to the plane and check it there. When you arrived at our destination, the stroller was waiting for us on the jetway and off we went!! Oh, and the stroller was not counted as a checked bag! I'm not sure about JetBlue, never flown them before, but would assume it would be the same. You could always check their website, it should be on there. Or call the airline and double check! Hope everything goes well with your surgery!!:pixie: Here's some pixie dust for a speedy recovery!! Enjoy your trip!

ISLE39
08-04-2008, 09:47 AM
thank you fo rthe relies about southwest. im also flying from islip airport so thats very helpful. now if anyone has had any experiences on jetblue please share.

thanks again for the responses

Marilyn Michetti
08-04-2008, 01:01 PM
I always bring my ECV onto Southwest. It's never been a problem, but this is a different time. What the issues might be this year????

I say call ahead, and ask.:confused:

mrsgaribaldi
10-15-2008, 06:29 AM
Jet Blue also takes the wheelchairs/strollers at the last minute before you board. They are not part of your carry on. Have a great trip:mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
10-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Wife is scooter bound.
Last trip,3/07,I phoned each airline that does NYC to orlando,non-stop.Got many different responses.Jet blue was the most scooter friendly.She drove it to the gate where she could walk from,and it was waiting for her on arrival.Worked the same at each end,JFK and Orlando.Scooters do not count as luggage.Not sure about strollers.
I hope you have better luck with your knee surgery than my wife did.
Enjoy your trip.