PDA

View Full Version : Got ressies today for October!!

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-03-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm SO excited. We decided on a whim today to try for reservations over Halloween weekend. We didn't care where, and though we would have preferred a studio, took a 1BR at SSR from 10/30 to 11/3. We did waitlist for a studio at either OKW or SSR just in case something becomes available.

Anyway, I just wanted to post. There have been many complaints about not being able to get reservations even at the 7 or 11 month mark. Although October isn't the most popular time of year, it is pretty crowded with both Halloween and the Food and Wine Festival. We did the same thing over Memorial Day weekend. We made the ressies only about 2 months out. So have hope, you DVC late planners!! If you're not too picky about where to stay, there just might be something available! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

vizsla
08-04-2008, 05:17 AM
:thumbsup:

dephenn
08-04-2008, 08:13 AM
That's great! Have a great time. Good luck with the wait list.

MickeyMousse
08-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Good to hear!! For the first time in quite a long time we were able to get ressies at our home resort (BCV) for February. :thumbsup:

Enjoy your trip. October is a wonderful time to go!!! :mickey:

aurorafan
08-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Congratulations--that's great! I hope you have a great time, and I hope the studio comes through for you so you can save some points :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
08-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Good for you! October is my favorite month to visit! Let's keep our fingers crossed about the studio. :thumbsup:

Horizon93
08-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Congratulations! Actually October is becoming a very busy DVC time. The Food and Wine festival combined with the point values in choice season make it very popular. I am just sorry that we are not able to make the F&W this year.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
08-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Congratulations! Actually October is becoming a very busy DVC time. The Food and Wine festival combined with the point values in choice season make it very popular. I am just sorry that we are not able to make the F&W this year.

We have never been to the F&W Festival and that is the major reason we decided to try for a weekend in October. My DS17 is very excited. He is a budding chef (or so he thinks) and both my kids are very adventurous with what they will try when it comes to food. This will be the perfect way to sample a few things we might not find elsewhere. Any tips from those who have previously been would be greatly appreciated! We're thinking of opening some of the other parks early in the morning to ride a few of our favorites, then spending the remainder of our day in Epcot...eating of course! :chef: