PDA

View Full Version : Artist Point or California Grill

LittleRoosMommy
08-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi everyone! I was hoping to get some info/advice about Artist Point. My DH surprised me the other day with an ADR for Artist Point for just the 2 of us!! :cloud9: He has made arrangements for our DDs to stay with their grandparents that evening!

Anyway, we have never eaten here before. I was wondering what everyone's opinion was about the restaurant. We always go to Cali Grill, but it looks like we're not going to have enough time to get there this trip.:sad: So, DH just told me that he would not be upset if I switched our reservation from Artist Point to Cali Grill. But, I feel bad changing his plans. He never does any of the Disney planning, so for him to do this without me finding out is really amazing!:mickey:

So, I told him that I would try to find out what people think about Artist Point and then make our decision. Which restaurant would you choose. I really appreciate any info/advice you could give me!! Sorry for the rambling!:blush:

Thanks!!

OogieBoogieMan
08-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Two of our favorites. Since you haven't already been to AP I would stick with it. The food is great and there is an extensive Pacific Northwest wine list if you enjoy wine. We have been very happy every time we went to AP. If you had never been to either restaurant I think Cali is a bit more of an experience and the food is a bit more varied, but you need to try them both.

ibrowse17
08-03-2008, 07:59 PM
While we have eaten at both, AP would my choice. The buffalo is wonderful, as is the whole experience. See if you can get a table that overlooks the water fall:thumbsup:

brewcrew26
08-03-2008, 08:23 PM
DH and I visited AP last April. We loved it!! The entire experience was so memorable and amazing. When we walked in, they greeted us with personalized menus congratulating us on our recent wedding. The general manager had complimentary appetizers and a champagne toast for us, as well.

The meal itself is one of the best I have ever had. The duck confit appetizer was crispy and flavorful. The duck prosciutto added depth to the dish. DH enjoyed the portobello mushroom soup. He still raves about it. For entrees, he had the buffalo steak and I had the tenderloin with truffle fries. They were both excellently prepared. To finish the meal off, we shared the berry cobbler. The fruit was fresh, plump and juicy and the cobbler was crunchy. The sorbet that it is served with was out of this world.

The extensive wine list and the wine flight for the dinner pairings is a great addition to the meal. I really enjoyed the Gewurztraminer from Walla Walla Valley which is something that we wouldn't be able to enjoy back home anywhere.

I don't think you can go wrong with AP. You can read more about our experience here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=131941).

Tinkerbellfan
08-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Hello,

We have had wonderful dining experiences at both restaurants. But, I found Artist Pointe to be a bit more romantic than California Grill. During the last time we dined there, we noticed they had a section for parties with kids and another section for parties without kids. So, our meal was a bit more quiet and romantic than our dining experience at California Grill.

Since you have never dined at Artist Point and your husband planned it as a surprise, I would recommend sticking with Artist Point. You can always dine at CG during your next trip.

Natazu
08-04-2008, 03:33 AM
They both have wonderful, consistent, unforgettable food. You've just gotta go with the one that has more of your favorites. For me, that's California Grill.

LittleRoosMommy
08-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks everyone for all your info/advice!! I think I'm going to keep our ADR at AP!! I'm really looking forward to trying someplace new!! Hopefully, we'll get to Cali Grill on the next trip!! Thanks!!