PDA

View Full Version : honeymoon at WDW

DisneyDaughter
08-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Ok so in 2010 i am getting married and my parents are planning to give us a week long honeymoon at WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9: I'M VERY EXCITED!!! So I was wondering if anyone out there would perhaps have any tips, like if wearing the :bride: and :groom: mouse ears really give you any perks? :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-03-2008, 04:53 PM
There are no perks, just well wishes.

If something happens, then it was just magic and not simply because of the hats. They don't guarantee anything.

Good luck!

Beast_fanatic
08-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Congrats on your upcoming wedding (even if is over 2 years away ;))!

Wearing the bride/groom ears can get you special attention including many congratulations, but there is no guarantee that you'll get anything above and beyond that.

I would suggest having it noted on all your reservations (room as well as dining) that you are on your honeymoon as that can also contribute to a magical honeymoon.

Don't go expecting everything to be made extra magical. Keep in mind that they have no obligation to do anything extra, and then any little perks that you might receive will be a wonderful surprise.

brewcrew26
08-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I know that this is a very special time for you (we were just there about six months ago)! :congrats:

As Capt. Jessica said whatever happens is just extra pixie dust. We didn't purchase the bride and groom ears, but we did receive the buttons upon checking in. We made sure to tell everyone upon making ressies for dining, rooms, everything just so they knew.

We found the CMs to go out of their way to make our experience extra magical. We found ourselves in front of the lines on many attractions. We received well-wishes from everyone, even guests. One day in the CBR gift shop, a CM brought us an autographed photo of Mickey and Minnie. We received free champagne toasts, free cookies at Epcot. It was absolutely amazing.

Instead of the ears, we made our own ears at Le Chapeau at MK. It was a little more personalized and so many people commented on them.

We have absolutely nothing bad to say about our experience. It was so magical that we're going back for our one year anniversary in March to celebrate. We can't imagine any place we'd rather be to celebrate one of the happiest times in our lives together.

Please PM me if you would like any other information!

DisneyDaughter
08-05-2008, 03:23 PM
thanx. i wasnt really looking for free handouts or anything. My DD just said i would get all sorts of perks if my new husband and i wore those hats. i just wanted an out, and all of y'alls responses proved my point. but unfortunatly he said that i will have to pay back every cent if he doesnt get tons of pics with us and those hats:mad: grrrr. oh well he is giving us a honeymoon so i guess i can give him a few embarassing pics of us and those hats.