PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Packages and Room Rates now Available

Tink1
08-03-2008, 02:40 AM
Disney has released the much anticiapted 2009 Packages and 2009 Room rates.

New this year is a counter service dining plan.
package includes:

Accommodations at a select Walt Disney World® Resort hotel
Magic Your Way Base Ticket (one Theme Park per day)
Two Quick Service Meals per person, per night
Two snacks per person, per night
One Resort Refillable Mug per person, per package
One Miniature Golf Voucher (1 per room)
One Planet Hollywood $15 Meal Voucher (1 per room)
One Planet Hollywood Merchandise Voucher (1 per room)
One Sea Raycer Offer Voucher (1 per room)
Arcade Card valid for 30 minutes of play in Resort arcades (1 per room)
One Walt Disney Company Luggage Tag (1 per person

Additional Package Details can be found here:
http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/MYW/2009packages.htm

There may be some mislinks or information missing. But it is almost 3am and my host is doing maintenance so I cannot finalize yet!

I will have the room only charts tomorrow.

Nanc

Tink1
08-03-2008, 02:47 AM
New Policy for reservations is now courtesy holds are 7 days instead of 14.

Nanc

Sunshine1010
08-03-2008, 03:40 AM
Would I be able to book a package for November 2009?

Tink1
08-03-2008, 07:34 AM
yes, all dates bookable up to 12/31/09

Nanc

donnah77
08-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the heads-up! I just called to update my room only reservation at POFQ over Easter week and they did not have AAA rates at POFQ! Bummer. The agent said they did have them at POR, CBR, and CSR so we switched to CSR.

The agent also mentioned that all of the discount rates might not yet be updated since they are in the process of doing the 2009 update. So who knows, maybe POFQ will come up later?

Harriet
08-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Yippie; Just got an E-Mail from Kathy with my new rate plus AAA discount. saved 550.00 off the rack rate. Really makes me Happy :cloud9: Now all I need is that my medical test next week all come out negative:pixie:. Hoping my problem is only due to me weight and nothing else. :woohoo::joy::goofy::donald:

Tink1
08-03-2008, 01:47 PM
we have the lead in rates for the resorts room only here:
http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/MYW/2009/2009.htm

Will update once we we have specific categories and rate pages built

Nanc

Soul_Power
08-03-2008, 02:29 PM
YES, FINALLY! I'm so excited!!!

Sunshine1010
08-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Soooooooo, if I wanted to contact Magical Journeys and have them book a trip for me in November 2009 (using AP or AAA), would I be able to? And then when AP rates came out, they would switch me to that?

...kinda confused with conflicting info.

wildernesslady
08-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Is the dining plan changing completely to 2 CS or is there still the same option for 1 TS and 1 CS?

Tink1
08-03-2008, 03:35 PM
not sure what info is conflicting??? Please let me know.

There are 2009 packages and 2009 room only rates and 2009 AAA room only rates available to us for all of 2009 as of today.

You are more than welcome to fill out a quote request and we can see what we can do.

Nanc

Tink1
08-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Is the dining plan changing completely to 2 CS or is there still the same option for 1 TS and 1 CS?

The 2 CS is just an added option. The 1 CS and 1 TS will remain. They are all listed on the link I provided.

Nanci

bjbunny
08-03-2008, 03:50 PM
do you know how much it costs per day, per person for this new dining plan? I am trying to talk my DH into a trip next year and he is interested in the new counter service dining plan.

barnaby
08-03-2008, 04:09 PM
do you know how much it costs per day, per person for this new dining plan? I am trying to talk my DH into a trip next year and he is interested in the new counter service dining plan.

Got some quotes on Disney's site:
approx. 30/night for adults 9/night for child 3-9.

Sunshine1010
08-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Nanci,

I can't find it....but on Intercot, there is a thread that has a post of someone stating that although the rates have come out, you can't make a package reservation until the end of the month.

I'll look for it again....

Tink1
08-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Nanci,

I can't find it....but on Intercot, there is a thread that has a post of someone stating that although the rates have come out, you can't make a package reservation until the end of the month.

I'll look for it again....

Well, if there is a post it may be from an earlier date.

Trust me, as of TODAY you can book 2009 packages. We have spent hours on the phone doing so.

Nanci

Mousemates
08-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Super big thanks for the info....we just booked for the first week of January 2009 and got AAA discounts applied to our three nights at the Poly...woo hoo.

DisneyLuvnNooks
08-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I personally like the new plan. We only go in the off times and the park hours are very limited. So for us to take 1 1/2 to 2 hours at a restaurant is wasting valuable attraction time. And to tell you the truth, we did the dining plan last year for 10 nights, and out of 10 sit down meals maybe only 2 or 3 were very good, and we did all the top restaurants that everyone talks about. So for us to be able to just get 2 quick meals a day is pretty wonderful.

But my main reason for replying is this....since the free dining in the fall is so popular, and this is going to be obviously a money saver for disney over the 1 TS and 1QS, as in giving it free. Is disney setting this up to be the free dining option with the upgrade to the more expensive plans available as an option?

BMan62
08-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the info! Great job of getting it to us quickly, as always!

I'm a little bummed though about the Dining Plans -- the new CS Plan and the Deluxe Plan come with the refillable resort mug, but the Standard Plan doesn't. Hope they rethink this and offer the refillable mug with the Standard Plan too!!

MrsAndre
08-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I was so excited that the rates were released, but we're hoping for the BCV and there was no availability for any of the DVC resorts yet. Do they come out 6 or 7 months out?
TIA for any information!

CleveSJM
08-04-2008, 10:20 AM
But my main reason for replying is this....since the free dining in the fall is so popular, and this is going to be obviously a money saver for disney over the 1 TS and 1QS, as in giving it free. Is disney setting this up to be the free dining option with the upgrade to the more expensive plans available as an option?

Good call DLN... I would bet on it. They'll give away the most affordable dining plan in the fall.

diz_girl
08-04-2008, 10:48 AM
It looks like rates for the standard rooms at the Values and Mods have stayed the same for 2009. It's just the nightly rate for the standard/garden rooms at the Deluxes that went up $15. I didn't check non-standard rooms for any increases, but I'll assume that the changes (or non-changes) are similar.

I guess that's on par with the economy. Disney probably doesn't want to lose people to outside hotels due to price, but I guess that they assume that those who can afford the Deluxes can still afford them with the price increase. I live along the Jersey Shore and there are A LOT of BIG second homes at the beach towns. When I was walking on the boardwalk (at the next town over from home) on Friday night it was a sea of top-of-the-line model BMW's and Mercedeses, and at least one Aston Martin. So a $15 price increase would probably not hurt them.

disneyfan328
08-04-2008, 10:59 AM
so this new dining plan option is 30.00 a day per adult - ?

counter service meals are usually around $8 each so that is 16.00 2 snacks at 4.00 each is 8.00 total of 24.00 a day

one refillable mug is 12.00 so over a 6 night stay that is a total of
144.00 for CS + 12.00 for Mug 156.00

total cost for the dining plan @ 30.00 a day for 6 nights 180.00?

What am I missing here? Or are the CS more expensive that what I am quoting? even at 10.00 for each CS meal that is a total of 28.00 per day x 6 = 168.00 + refillable mug@ 12.00 = 180.00 so I really don't see that there is any savings here?

Being that some CS meals can be split between people I really don't see that we would be saving any money this way. (unless of course we went for free dining)

Please, if I am wrong here fill me in as i am trying to sell DH on a trip for next year with this new option as my bait!!!

Finiamh
08-04-2008, 11:35 AM
No one said there was a guaranteed savings in the plan offerings. If you seek out every CS that is the most expensive every day then you might get ahead. Or people will just eat what CS they want and Disney may very well come out ahead. It is the convenience that is being paid for in most cases.

barnaby
08-04-2008, 12:17 PM
It looks like rates for the standard rooms at the Values and Mods have stayed the same for 2009.

I did notice that for value resorts, while the value season rate stayed the same at $82, the other 4 seasons that the rate went up $5-$6 per night compared to the 2008 rates.

magicofdisney
08-09-2008, 12:20 PM
so this new dining plan option is 30.00 a day per adult - ?

counter service meals are usually around $8 each so that is 16.00 2 snacks at 4.00 each is 8.00 total of 24.00 a day

one refillable mug is 12.00 so over a 6 night stay that is a total of
144.00 for CS + 12.00 for Mug 156.00

total cost for the dining plan @ 30.00 a day for 6 nights 180.00?

What am I missing here? Or are the CS more expensive that what I am quoting? even at 10.00 for each CS meal that is a total of 28.00 per day x 6 = 168.00 + refillable mug@ 12.00 = 180.00 so I really don't see that there is any savings here?

Being that some CS meals can be split between people I really don't see that we would be saving any money this way. (unless of course we went for free dining)

Please, if I am wrong here fill me in as i am trying to sell DH on a trip for next year with this new option as my bait!!!
I'm with you on this one. And I don't really see this as that much of a convenience as far as prepayment goes.

thejens
08-10-2008, 06:52 PM
At least with the counter service plan you won't be hit with a huge tip at the end (I hope!) It is not as good a deal or convenience any more. Each year it gets worse imo. I am all for making a profit, but it is getting harder and harder for me to convince my family that renting a house a the beach wouldn't be more bang for the buck. I don't mind paying more as much as I hate getting less!!!

joekrocker
08-13-2008, 09:10 PM
The counter service plan includes a drink ($2.00) and dessert ($3.50) with each meal too. This is an additional $5.50 per meal?

Here is the text from DisneyWorld.com:
2 Quick-service Meals

1 quick-service meal includes 1 entrée or 1 complete Combo Meal, 1 dessert (lunch or dinner only) or 1 juice (breakfast only) and 1 single serving non-alcoholic beverage. Children ages 3-9 are limited to the Children's Menu (if one is available) at quick-service restaurants.

2 Snacks
1 snack includes one of the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.

1 Resort-refillable drink mug per person
The Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan also includes a refillable Resort mug for each Guest. Bring your Resort mug to any quick-service restaurant at your Resort hotel and refill it as often as you like!

I plan on using the dining plan when we go in June 2009.

:mickey:

ToDisney
10-01-2008, 04:21 PM
So, is the snack list; for the CS plan; smaller than that of the regular plan?
Or can you get the same things regardless of which plan you are on?
:mickey: