PDA

View Full Version : How much does a first haircut cost at the barber shop on Main Street USA?

tss22
08-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Considering this for my 1 year old.

Also, any special perks?

bigbabyblues
08-02-2008, 11:19 AM
I believe haircuts are $14, or they were last year.

We did this for DS, and it was a lot of fun! He got a certificate for his first haircut, and a pair of mouse ears that say "First Haircut". He also got "Mickey dust" (confetti) and a load of stickers.

DumboMom
08-02-2008, 12:57 PM
We also did this for our son when he was 10 months. It is such a great memory. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
08-02-2008, 12:58 PM
How much does a first haircut cost at the barber shop on Main Street USA?
. . . same price as the second haircut
. . . same as the tenth haircut
. . . been dying for a question like this :cool:

Seriously, figure $14 +$6 tip for age 12 and under, whuch includes
. . . 1st haircut Mickey Ears
. . . certificate
. . . Mickey stickers
. . . Pixie Dust
. . . lock of hair

Jasper
08-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Even as an adult you can get pixie dust in your hair if you like after your haircut.

Sunshine1010
08-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Last year, we paid $14.00. And in that, we also got the blue gel and Mickey confetti in my son's hair (age 7).

But ---
- the haircut itself was the worst he's ever had....literally. We got pics --- it was horrible
- The boy package at BBB is only around $7.50 for gel and glitter (but no haircut)
- They are nice, but the place is REALLY small and everyone felt rushed since there was a line and people were all over waiting on everyone else. I think we walked up and were 3rd in line at the time, and waited almost an hour.

Still a cute thing for a baby/child though. We'll do the gel/confetti thing again, but not the haircut. It was THAT bad. he he he

joelkfla
08-02-2008, 11:34 PM
They also have a giant pair of scissors, which they will hold over your child's head while you take your own photo.

They used to do this every time, but too many kids got scared. Now they keep the scissors hidden away unless you request them.

donnah77
08-03-2008, 09:20 AM
We did the 1st Haircut for our DS 10 months this spring. They were really nice, got some adorable pics. Loved the certificate, lock of hair and First Haircut Mickey Ears. The hairdresser also gave my DD 4 1/2 pixie dust for being such a good helper during her brother's cut.

Honestly, I think the cut itself costs less than a pair of ears purchased seperately! And what a great 1st haircut memory :) I highly recommend it.

ledudes
08-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Do they actually cut much hair off if it is a one year old? I'm tempted to get my son's first cut, but nervous that it would be too much.

Lizzie
08-03-2008, 12:03 PM
We had our girls first haircut done there. They will cut what you want and are very good with the little kids.

disneygeek84
08-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Do they actually cut much hair off if it is a one year old? I'm tempted to get my son's first cut, but nervous that it would be too much.

I worked at a kids place cutting hair, and honestly, it depended on how long the child's hair was. I had some one year olds who had been getting their hair cut since they were 9 months. I'm not sure how it works at the WDW Barber Shop, but I'm sure they won't cut too much off if you tell them not to.

EmmMOM2
08-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Do you need advance reservations to get this done?? Or is it a first come first serve deal??

MichaelMouse
08-03-2008, 12:58 PM
I just got back last week with my wife and 16 month old baby boy. We waited to get his first haircut at the Barber shop on Main street. It was worth the wait. They were great. I thought for sure this would be a challenge. However, since they distract the little ones with "plenty of mickey stickers" it was a breeze. The cut cost $15.00 and was worth every penny. A memory to cherish forever. We left with a certificate, mickey ears, and his hair that was cut all wrapped up in paper sprinkled with pixie dust. Not to mention all the stickers & memories......:mickey::thumbsup:

ledudes
08-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Do you need an appointment or just wait in line?

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Harmony Barborshop is first come, first serve

MickeyChick
08-07-2008, 10:57 AM
We did this with my 1 year old in January and while we waited a long time, the haircut was good, I got lots of great pictures, and all the bonus stuff was great: the ears, certificate and pixie dust.

Who wants to see pictures?

ariel326
08-11-2008, 03:04 PM
It is cool and a great memory, but, my blind grandmother can give a better haircut.

Sunshine1010
08-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Amen.....

If you read my other post....they were GREAT with kids. Gave him special attention. All that stuff.

....but the cut itself.....worst he's ever had. Literally.

But would we go again?....yes, but we'd make sure we didn't get that same lady. he he