PDA

View Full Version : Cool Dude Package at BBB

Sunshine1010
08-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Can anyone tell me about the Cool Dude Package at BBB?

- your experiences with this?
- do I have to make ressie?
- how long will this take?
- what will my child receive?

Vito
08-02-2008, 04:03 AM
I've heard some mixed feelings on it, that a lot of boys were uncomfortable or that it was a bit too "girly" for them (glittery-goo type stuff on the hair). If they're younger, I've heard some better reviews than for the older kids, but still it seems to be a mixed bag as to whether they liked it or not. I can't say as I would ever have been very enthusiastic about having my hair done at WDW when I was a kid, let alone getting something sparkly put in it ;)

A web search did turn up a couple of photos if you're interested in seeing.

I've heard that they do the same thing at the Main St barber shop, so boys might feel a litte more at home there :mickey:

Oh, and here's what it includes: includes Hair Style, Colored Gels/Sparkles, Mickey Stencil: $7.50 (no tax on this service)

Sunshine1010
08-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Hhhhmmmm....where did you get the $7.50 price? When I looked it up on the net, I got $10.00.

Well, my son had this done to his hair at the MK barbershop. But...there is was 14.00. That would be double what the BBB charged, and it's the same thing.

My son is wanting this, so there's no doubt about that part of it. He saw a kid with it, and wanted it done. So we walked over there. They gave him a little 'blue mohawk' and put mickey mouse confetti in his hair. HE LOVED IT. He thought he was 'da man' after that. He's 7.

I'd like to do this again, but I wasn't sure if the barbershop was better than BBB. BBB sure does sound cheaper.

Vito
08-02-2008, 11:12 PM
The 7.50 price is also quoted on the official Disney/WDW website:

"Boys over 3 years old have their own special Cool Dudes Package, which includes colorful hair gel and confetti for $7.50 plus tax.

Booking in advance is strongly recommended. Call (407) WDW-STYLE (939-7895)† to make a reservation today. We require a credit card as a guarantee. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance."

I'm not sure if the advanced booking and credit card reservation are for the princess makeovers only (a lot more $) or also for the Cool Dudes, as the Cool Dudes would presumably take a LOT less time, but it couldn't hurt to call and find out.

The higher price at the Barber Shop, I believe, includes a haircut/trim, while the one at the BBB does not, so that might explain that price difference. So the price might not be worth the extra if they don't need a haircut ;)

If he wants to do it, I'd say that it's probably worth it at BBB, but again, pretty much the only minor complaints I read were in regard to the BBB having mostly girls getting the princess stuff done... If he doesn't have a problem with being around a few girls ;) then I'd be willing to bet you'll both be very satisfied with BBB while paying about half as much.

tinkerbell04
08-03-2008, 09:13 AM
We took my DD to get her makeover and when we were there my Nephew asked if he could have the cool dude done and the godmother in training took him right after her. She let him pick the colors of gel and the color of the Mickey Stencil. They had a black drape for him so he didn't have to wear the princess one. It was ten dollars at the time but recently, when the girls prices increased, the cool dude package was reduced to 7.50. He loved it and would do it again. He was 8 at the time.

puppypolice
08-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Last year for MNSSHP my DH & DS 5 went to BBB @ DTD to have the cool dude done. They both got a kick out of it & my DS enjoyed the attention he got @ MNSSHP due to it. I did make ressies & the experience only took the both about 10 min. each. The longest part of the experience was the wait to be seated (about 45 min. past ressie). The only thing I would truly consider prior to doing this would be the child's hair color. My DH & DS both have dark hair & it was barely visible. I believe lighter hair colors would be a lot more obvious. Last year, it included picking paint colors to spike the hair, sprinkling the hair w/ disney fairy dust & finally a painted stencil of mickey on back of the head. I hope this helps.