PDA

View Full Version : The Little Mermaid: The Ride That Almost... Was?

AmandaChan
08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
This is cross-posted from the Rumors section. I was wondering if anyone looking at this section of the boards knew:

Has there ever been any hearsay about the Little Mermaid ride featured on the DVD. 'The ride that almost was' made me want to start a petition to get them to build it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

:blush:

Disneyexpert15
08-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I know what you're talking about. You can ride the ride that could have been on the Little Mermaid Special Edition DVD on the bonus features. I think it would be really cool if they really built the ride at disney.

Arielfan98
08-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm really mad.... I never knew they were gonna make a ride! omg! All they have is a show in MGM Hollywood Studios! I'm furious! Does anyone know why they didn't build the ride? :angry: :sob:

CaptSmee
08-01-2008, 11:53 PM
There's a version of it going in at California Adventure, and rumours that it is going to be copied into the Magic Kingdom at WDW. It would be a nice addition!

Imagineer1981
08-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Basically WDW got Nemo at the Living Seas i/o Little Mermaid

joelkfla
08-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Basically WDW got Nemo at the Living Seas i/o Little Mermaid
No, No, No!:nono:

Nemo is our version of the re-imagined submarines at DL. The aquarium takes the place of the sub lagoon.

AmandaChan
08-02-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm really mad.... I never knew they were gonna make a ride! omg! All they have is a show in MGM Hollywood Studios! I'm furious! Does anyone know why they didn't build the ride? :angry: :sob:

And rumors of that leaving have been circulating. That show is really cute for little kids and big Ariel fans like ourselves but that's one attraction they're going to make some changes to/get rid of soon, I think. :(

AmandaChan
08-02-2008, 02:34 AM
There's a version of it going in at California Adventure, and rumours that it is going to be copied into the Magic Kingdom at WDW. It would be a nice addition!

So are they officially building it at DL? I will seriously go there just to ride it then leave. I just about had a heart attack when I saw the re-imagination of it on the DVD. :confused:

Wells
08-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Rumors are that Disney:
-Will build a duplicate of the "Little Mermaid" ride being planned for DCA in the Magic Kingdom.
-It will be a dark ride similar to the one featured on the platinum edition DVD.
-It will be built in time for the 40th anniversary of WDW (2011)
-it will be built where "Pooh's Playful Spot" is now and extend into the surrounding unused area, this would not be too suprising since the Pooh play area was always intended to be temporary untill the space was needed for a new attraction.
I can say no more..........
(howzat for a bunch of weasel words? Oh well, rumors are rumors after all....)

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
08-04-2008, 12:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBUMRk-nkdA

You can watch the ride mock up at that youtube link....idk, it looks kind of lame.

though similar to the Snow White ride, at least with that you are riding the movie as seen from snow's point of view...this ride just seems like a condensed version of the movie.

let's just say, it wouldn't (or won't, if they build it) be on my must see list.

AmandaChan
08-04-2008, 12:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBUMRk-nkdA

You can watch the ride mock up at that youtube link....idk, it looks kind of lame.

This is the same mock up that they have on the DVD I was talking about. I'm a huge Little Mermaid fan and I would LOVE to see this ride built. I don't think it would be anything like Snow White, maybe more like Peter Pan.. which would be neat. I am not a big fan of the Snow White ride mostly because I don't think they put a whole lot of effort into it. If they put a lot of work into this ride I think it would be amazing. Plus, I think the Snow White ride is kind of like a condensed version of the movie simply because it follows the plot. The LM ride would be doing the same thing.