PDA

View Full Version : Crowds lately?

letsdoitagain
08-01-2008, 03:31 PM
I know this is always thrown out there, but I'll be at WDW the 10th-15th and would like to know what the crowds have been like lately. You know...the usual...wait times, etc etc. Anyone just come back or there right now?

tink'72
08-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I am in WDW right now and have the crowds rather light. I met a CM yesterday who told me crowds were down from previous years. Wait times for the big rides, Test Track, Soarin', Splash Mountain etc. are big. Yesterday Test Track got up to 120 minutes. That's the longest wait time I've seen. The above rides seem to be averaging about 70 minutes. That's the bad side. The good side of that is the wait times at the other rides have not exceded 20 minutes!

GrumpyFan
08-01-2008, 05:22 PM
According to Disney's latest investor's news release which came out July 30th, theme park attendance was down 1% and hotel bookings were flat (same as last year) in the quarter that just ended. Which means the crowds may be slightly off, but you're still going to be waiting for more than an hour for most of the big rides.

We were there in early June, and I can confirm that most of the big rides had waits of more than 60 minutes. Although, the longest we saw was 120 minutes at Soarin'. Most of the other rides were about 70-90 minutes.

dizknee531
08-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Just got back a week ago and the crowds seemed light. we had no wait on many rides. Hope you have a good time!!

moe513
08-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Everyone is going during free dining.

SpaceMtn101
08-03-2008, 03:29 PM
i was there yesterday and mk was PACKED!!! and epcot wasnt as bad. at mk space mtn had 1 1/2 hr wait and pan had an hour wait. It felt like you couldnt move around but after the fireworks attendance dropped a lot and you could preety much walk on stuff except for space.

at epcot test track was a 50 min wait and single rider line was a 30min wait. soarin was a 75 min wait and even at close still had a 30 min wait with getting in line at 8:59pm. The crowds were a lot lighter when we got there later in the afternoon.

hope that helps a bit :)

Eeyore's My Favorite
08-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I was at MK on Friday, 8/1 for my b'day with niece & her friend & it was packed. We got there about noon, rained about 1/2 hour later but the crowds didn't thin out at all. This was also an EMH day where the park was open until 3am. We didn't see a drop in people until after Midnite. By 1:30am the girls could go on Splash mtn & Big Thunder Mtn almost continuously. We used FP's for 3x on Space Mtn where the wait was over an hour during the day & sometimes the line was all the way back to Astro Orbiters. Peter Pan, Snow White & Winnie the Pooh were all 45+ minutes wait. We used fast passes for those rides, too. :mickey:

tys_mommy
08-04-2008, 10:30 AM
This was also an EMH day where the park was open until 3am. We didn't see a drop in people until after Midnite. By 1:30am the girls could go on Splash mtn & Big Thunder Mtn almost continuously.

Thanks for the report any one been to morning EMH? We leave on Friday and plan to use both morning and evenign EMH to our advantage - we hope.