PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on CBR and POFQ

ljv1975
08-01-2008, 02:23 PM
We are trying to decide where to stay when we go in September 2009. DH wants to go to CBR and I think POFQ looks nice. Can you give me some pros and cons of each resort? If it helps it will be DH and I and our two kids - DD will be turning 4 (the trip is for her b-day) and DS will be almost 1 1/2. Thanks!

Madzac
08-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Its been quite awhile since I stayed at CBR and it was before kids, but for us then, it was just ok. The theming was nice. Pool area nice. Transportation wasnt the best. But all in all it was a nice place to stay. It is large.

In 2006 we went to POFQ and my kids then were the ages yours will be. We really liked POFQ. It was small which was nice with the little ones, nothing was much of a walk. Bus service was very good. Food court was good. The boat to DTD was a nice plus and we did walk over to riverside a couple times.

If I had to choose between the two I would go back to POFQ, but CBR was fine! We are trying out CSR on our next trip!

DisneyBabies
08-01-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure if it will play a part in your decision or not, but CBR is getting a pool refurbishment and a room refurbishment. The new pool has a pirate sort of look and from what I have read online will be up and running this fall. The rooms are being done in a Finding Nemo theme and if the refurb progresses as it is supposed to, will be complete by the end of Feb 09. (I know most people on this site aren't thrilled with Jim Hill, but he's the only one who seems to have good photos of the room changes on his site. I'm not sure if I can post the web address, so if you would like it please personal message me.) The last set of rooms (approx. 400 of them I think) will be transformed into Pirates family suites although there is no set date for these to be finished. I don't think building permits have been issued yet, but a sketch of the room was released to the Orlando Sentinel. There is information about it if you click on intercot's news tab, it is the first article.
My DS4 saw the picture of the pirate room and YELLED that he wants to stay in that room but saws that the Nemo stuff is nice too :).
Hope this helps.

Checkers
08-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Its been quite awhile since I stayed at CBR and it was before kids, but for us then, it was just ok. The theming was nice. Pool area nice. Transportation wasnt the best. But all in all it was a nice place to stay. It is large.

In 2006 we went to POFQ and my kids then were the ages yours will be. We really liked POFQ. It was small which was nice with the little ones, nothing was much of a walk. Bus service was very good. Food court was good. The boat to DTD was a nice plus and we did walk over to riverside a couple times.

If I had to choose between the two I would go back to POFQ, but CBR was fine! We are trying out CSR on our next trip!

My sentiments exactly! The boat to DTD is also a great plus.:mickey:

CleveRocks
08-01-2008, 07:43 PM
You're deciding between my 2 favorite resorts!

When you are looking at 2 resorts in the same class (they are both Moderate resorts), it really mostly comes down to theming. What floats your boat more, Caribbean without the poverty or New Orleans' French Quarter without the public drunkeness and overt sex?:silly:

To me, the 2 big plusses of POFQ are the pleasantly compact size of the resort, and the availability of the boat ride to and from Downtown Disney.

To me, the big plusses of CBR are the slightly larger rooms (340 sq. ft. versus 314 sq. ft.) and the better food court as compared with POFQ.

You have a wonderful choice to make ... I don't think you can go wrong with either. We've stayed at CBR twice (1990 and 2005) and POFQ once (2006).