PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ personalized menus at Coral Reef!

Disdad13
08-01-2008, 11:11 AM
We will be at Coral Reef on 9-6-08 for dinner. I have contacted them about getting personalized menus as a surprise for DW and DS6. They told me to send photos and any message or anything else I wanted on there. Can somebody who has done this before help me out? What did you do? What do they look like? How many photos did you send? What else did you send? Does anybody have a photo of their personalized menu? ANY guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Disney fans..
08-01-2008, 11:19 AM
This sounds like a fantastic idea! I am looking forward to see what one would do to have this, I want one too!

brewcrew26
08-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Are there any other restaurants that do this? I would love to do this for our anniversary dinner.

disneyfan328
08-01-2008, 03:40 PM
There is another whole thread out there in regards to this, but I will tell you our expierence. We did this last September. It was my daughters High School graduation celebration trip and MY and DH anniversary. It was also our 2 youngests first trip to Disney. I sent in pictures of DD in her cap and gown and a few from prom and from her in her 4 years of musical and Dance. The put Congratulations Chelsie Class of 2007 on the front with some of the pics and the rest of the pics and a personal message ( we love you and are so proud of you ect ect ect) on the inside cover. The same for DH and our anniversary. It said Happy __Anniversary on the front with a picture from our wedding. On the inside cover they put some pictures that I sent from when we were first dating, when each of our kids was little and the rest were from our wedding with a little I love you message from me. I didn't want the 2 youngest to feel left out so They did cute ones for them with Nemo and Friends on the front that said Happy First Trip to WDW and on the inside cover were a few pics that I had sent in of us as a family.

They had told me to send in the type of celebration, names, dates ect, a personal message, song lyrics, poems ect. and several pictures. I think I sent in about 10 or 12 for my daughters and 8 or 10 for or annivesary and just a few family pics for the kids ones. They told me they would use what they could and make some of them smaller to fit more. Basically none of the pics I sent were full sized (4x6)they were all smaller (not as small as a thumbnail pic but maybe around wallet size or a litlte bigger??) so they fit on as many as the could. I guess the less you send the bigger they will be. I don't have a picture of them (at least not that I have found so far) but Maybe I will try to dig them out of the scrapbook stuff over the weekend and take one. Then I will post them if I can figure out how to do it.

For the other question - Coral Reef and Victoria and Alberts are the only ones that currently do this. Feel free to PM me if you need any more info.

They really do make a nice keepsake and everyone was surprised as they had no idea that I had done it. My DH didn't even see it at first. He just opened it and was looking at the food choices. (in his defense we had been up since 4am to get our flight out, and had bee up late the night before trying to finish packing, it was about 6pm by when he got the menu.)

biodtl
08-01-2008, 08:21 PM
I can't wait to see ours! Debbi told me to send 3-6 photos (I sent 6 - 1 wedding, 4 couple and 1 of the whole family), and a special anniversary message for DH. We're also supposed to have a diver. I am so excited!

ElenitaB
08-02-2008, 10:25 PM
The other thread which has a longer discussion about the personalized menus can be found by clicking here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=137894).