PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP strategy

RPHX2NC
08-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Experienced party goers, I am looking for a strategy for MNSSHP. We have an ADR around 2pm and plan to be at MK at 4pm to enter. What should we do first? The children love rides and Splash Mnt. is the family favorite. During the party we want to see the fireworks, parade and ride. We
aren't really that interested in the Villans show. The kids aren't big candy eaters. We may just snack during the party or split CS.

bcornette
08-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Since the party doesn't start til a couple hours after you are getting there I would try to hit some rides first. As for food I would do CS, the lines are always real short during the party.
After the second parade the ride lines will be extremely short so anything you didn't get to ride before the party, or that you just want to ride again will be very easy.

Make sure you are at the parade early, the headless horseman comes through about 5 minutes beforethe rest of it.

NJGIRL
08-01-2008, 11:16 AM
We have been to at least 5 parties in Oct so here are my thoughts.

The party doesn't start until 7 so you can probably get in many rides before that time.

I agree don't miss the Headless Horseman at the begining of the parade.

The candy lines at the front of the park are more crowded at the begining of the party so if you don't plan on hitting all of the candy stops I suggest that you skip the ones at the front.

All in all the candy lines do move pretty quickly. We always do the party at the begining of our trip so we take the candy with us everyday after so we don't have to buy any all week. It's good for eating while you are waiting for a show or parade to start so we stop at each candy location during the party. It's good candy too, not off brands.

The fireworks are very nice so make time to see those.

There are not many places opened to eat once the party starts so I suggest having dinner before 7:00. I have found places do tend to get crowded since the selection is limited.

And the most important thing. We have always gone to the parties in the last two weeks in Oct. Although it is very warm during the day many nights are a little chilly. I have seen kids in costumes that not warm enough and they are miserable.

KAJUNKING
08-01-2008, 12:19 PM
we have only been once, and we will be going again this year, dont miss the fireworks, its the best ive ever seen and wait for the second parade its less crowded

biodtl
08-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Even if you aren't much into candy, don't miss the path from Toontown to Tommorrowland - there are candy stops, but also Alice in Wonderland characters available for photos and autographs.

CaptSmee
08-02-2008, 12:04 AM
you got some great advice here. take it and use it! We usually have dinner at our favorite restaurant (either Whispering Canyon, or Ohanas) at 5 then go directly to the MK and are able to ride several rides before the park closes and the pary begins. The 2nd parade is always less crowded and afterwards it will begin to thin out. after 11 you can practically run through the candy lines because noone is in them! have a great time! we've been to 3 parties and are going this year again. 1 year me and my brother were Tweedle Dee & Dum, and my sister was Alice. Then one year we all wore black shorts and incredibles logo t-shirts. i'm thinking of being a very Disney-like Pirate this year, but haven't decided yet...