PDA

View Full Version : dining with people on the DDP

NJGIRL
08-01-2008, 09:51 AM
We have several ADR's with another family who is on the DDP. We are not and paying with my Disney Visa Rewards Card. Most ADR's we have two different tables and the adults will sit together at one table and the kids at the other. Our families will be mixed so I guess my question is how do they work it when it comes time to pay? Do you think this will be confusing to our waitress or waiter?

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
We had lunch with a group of 4 not on the dining plan on our last trip....the 4 of us were on the dining plan...the other two couples wanted separate checks...our waitress handled it all with no problems:)

TINKERBELL_82
08-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm sure that most of the waiters and waitresses are used to these type situations. You should be just fine. :eat:

r4kids
08-01-2008, 10:08 AM
We typically get the dining plan when we go down and my 2 DSIS live there so they pay OOP. They have never had any trouble seperateing the checks. Now you may get a newer server who is not as experienced but just double check your bill and you'll be fine.

Minnie4me
08-01-2008, 11:59 AM
I know this is off topic, but I just have to ask...

If the adults are at one table and kids are at another, how do you plan to supervise your kids?

I know that there are some kids that are well behaved, but at Disney kids are pretty pumped up most of the time.

There is nothing more annoying than trying to enjoy a meal next to a table full of kids acting out, while the parents are occupying themselves elswhere. Even if it's at the next table.

I know I will get some flack for this.

NJGIRL
08-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Well, our kids aren't hyper under normal circumstances. They have been taken to restaurants since they were infants and behave well. We have been to Disney many times and go on vacation twice a year. They have been all over the US and world and I hate to say this but while we love to go to Disney on vacation and have alot of fun it's not like "OMG, OMG we are in Disney".

I do have to say this...Disney is a family location and along with families come excited or cranky kids. You will run into this ALOT in the restaurants. We just ignore it. If you are not willing to ignore it Disney may not be the best place for you to go on vacation.

r4kids
08-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, our kids aren't hyper under normal circumstances. They have been taken to restaurants since they were infants and behave well. We have been to Disney many times and go on vacation twice a year. They have been all over the US and world and I hate to say this but while we love to go to Disney on vacation and have alot of fun it's not like "OMG, OMG we are in Disney".

I do have to say this...Disney is a family location and along with families come excited or cranky kids. You will run into this ALOT in the restaurants. We just ignore it. If you are not willing to ignore it Disney may not be the best place for you to go on vacation.

Very nicely said and I couldn't agree more. You never know when a well-behaved child at a table with their parents has had a bad day and acts out. We could let our 4 sit at a table next to us without commotion. :mickey:

NJGIRL
08-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Very nicely said and I couldn't agree more. You never know when a well-behaved child at a table with their parents has had a bad day and acts out. We could let our 4 sit at a table next to us without commotion. :mickey:

Thank you. I always try to remember that everyone is there to have a good time and instead of getting angry when I see a child acting up I actually feel sorry for the parents. I feel it must be very frustrating to them. I don't let it interfer with our time together at all.

Minnie4me
08-04-2008, 07:21 AM

I can deal with excited and cranky kids as long as their parents are responsible enough to address their behavior. This just doesn't go for Disney, this goes for any public place.

It's sad, but there has been a steady erosion of good parenting skills over the past few generations. I blame it on the Me, Me, Me, mentality. No one seems to care about the other person anymore.

I'm not saying that you don't, so don't take it personal.

NJGIRL
08-04-2008, 09:30 AM
It's sad, but there has been a steady erosion of good parenting skills over the past few generations. I blame it on the Me, Me, Me, mentality. No one seems to care about the other person anymore.

That I can agree with you 100%. Just the number of people in the past few weeks that have left children in hot cars while shopping in a mall or going into a bar for a few hours shows that some people have no right to have kids but that's a whole other discusion.

Our kids will be fine at a table by themselves. I don't think that they will be "church mice" and I know they will be having fun but I'm sure that they won't be bothering anyone else.