PDA

View Full Version : Late night food options on arrival day?

sndral
07-31-2008, 04:26 PM
What would be available to eat for a late night arrival @ POFQ? Pizza delivery, maybe, DTD?
One set of flights arrive @ MCO airport @ 9:36 pm, the other @ 10:04 pm.
Anything open @ the airport to grab?
thoughts/ideas, pls.

DDuck66
08-01-2008, 09:34 AM
I believe that most of the food courts at the resorts stay open until 11:00 pm. I believe that most of the resorts have room service/pizza delivery until midnight. Not sure about the options at the airport. I am sure someone will come along with specific times. If not, call your resort and check on times for the food court.

TINKERBELL_82
08-01-2008, 10:16 AM
I believe that most of the food courts at the resorts stay open until 11:00 pm. I believe that most of the resorts have room service/pizza delivery until midnight. Not sure about the options at the airport. I am sure someone will come along with specific times. If not, call your resort and check on times for the food court.

I think you're right- I remember ordering pizza pretty late at POFQ.

However- there will be plenty of resturants on your way from the airport to WDW as well.:)

ILoveLegos
08-01-2008, 11:20 AM
I dunno - maybe you should bring something from home or the airport you depart from or pack some snacks to be on the safe side. I've ordered pizza pretty late at night at POR in the past, but I paid pretty much 30 dollars for a large cheese pizza plus Tax & Tip if I recall, it's an option though. If you're using DME, try getting food @ the airport before boarding, but they close a lot of the shops at night, I've arrived on red-eyes there and the place was a ghost town, but that was some 12-15 years ago maybe they're open longer. If you're delayed beyond your resort's eateries so that they are closed when you get in, plan for an early breakfast. :(

sndral
08-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Thx., my concern is that mom, age 74, is diabetic and after a day of travel I want to make sure there's something on hand for her to eat. We're taking DME from the airport so no stops. Will anything be open @ the airport that late? Figure 2 hrs. to get to POFQ after flight arrival (deplane, to DME, on bus, to resort, check in) that's easily after midnight.

ILoveLegos
08-01-2008, 05:13 PM
I understand because my mom's diabetic too. I just tried checking the Orlando International Airport (MCO) website for food court hours, they listed individual phone numbers for each establishment there (you can call for details presumably) - only Starbucks was listed as open 24 hours.
Here is the line (scroll down to the bottom for the food details):
http://www.orlandoairports.net/concessions/shops.htm

Drumguy074
08-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory is open until midnight, so you should be able to pick something up there.

ElenitaB
08-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Many of the resort food courts are open until midnight, but the hot food prep areas close at 11:00. That last area you will be able to pick up cold foods, including prepared sandwiches, salads, desserts, drinks, fruit.

I'd pick up something at your home airport that doesn't need refrigeration and transports easily. Or you may be able to bring along a lunch cooler type of bag with a sandwich or two, and some fruit, buying the food at your home airport.

sndral
08-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Thx all. I think I'll pack a few snacks I know she'll eat in my carry on, I suspect we'll be too late arriving @ POFQ for anything, and looks like MCO will be a ghost town (thx for the link!) We have an hour layover/plane change in Houston @ 7ish, so maybe I can grab some fruit there.

TheRustyScupper
08-02-2008, 01:06 PM
1) Order off-site pizza or Chinese until 2:00am.
. . . Domino's
. . . Pizza Hut
. . . Papa John's (best of WDW area pizzas)
. . . several non-chain pizza & Chinese
2) It will be delivered
. . . to your room for Value resorts
. . . to your room for Moderate resorts
. . . to your room for OKW & SSR resorts
. . . to Bell Services for Deluxe resorts *

* The pizza drivers are supposed or deliver to Bell Services, but frequently go directly to your room.

ElenitaB
08-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Hey, Rusty. Thanks for the info... could you take it a step further and tell us by any chance which Domino's, Pizza Hut or Papa John's locations are the one to order from?

Thanks!

SFTrny
08-02-2008, 06:30 PM
I would recommend that you look into the restaurants in the Hyatt at the airport. You can get to it from the main terminal area and the website indicates that the restaurant is open until 11pm.

sndral
08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Therustyscupper - perfect! Late night pizza it will be.