PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours

Richard Lauzon
07-31-2008, 02:45 PM
If you are not eligable for EMH can you still stay in the park after closing without a wristband if you don't plan on going on any attractions?

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-31-2008, 02:57 PM
I don't think so

Mousemates
07-31-2008, 03:20 PM
The official reason for Extra magic hours from the disney site is
so Disney Resort Guests* can enjoy easy access to select attractions — even the most popular ones!

The extramagic hours are about being able to be admitted ot the attractions...they will check your wrist for a band on each one. However, I've never seen them scurry other folks out of the park or (especially) not allow someone without a wrist band to buy something in a shop or from a vendor (if that shop or vendor has remained open). So my understanding/observation is yes you can.

Young@Heart
07-31-2008, 03:46 PM
I suppose they might not make you leave the park, but I wouldn't feel comfortable staying in a park during EMH if I wasn't eligible to. :blush: Especially if it was something like World Showcase, where a lot of the "attraction" is walking around the different countries and taking everything in.

EJS-Houston
07-31-2008, 04:11 PM
I've never seen anyone checking for wristbands other than at ride entrances, so I can't imagine that anyone would insist you leave.

Disney Maniac
07-31-2008, 06:25 PM
I really don't know. I do agree with the poster that metioned World Showcase.

dolphinmickey9170
07-31-2008, 06:28 PM
We have been asked several times if we had bracelets, and had to show them before entering an attraction. (Yes, we were onsite guests with bracelets.) Those who did not have a bracelet were directed to the park exits.

Faver
07-31-2008, 07:08 PM
We have always been checked for wristbands. If we were already in the park, or just entering. I woudn't be surprised if they really starting checking for wristbands now, after the whole "ebay counterfeit fastpass" thing.

jraczes
07-31-2008, 08:28 PM
YES THERE IS :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-31-2008, 09:48 PM
You can, but there isn't much to do.

OogieBoogieMan
08-01-2008, 11:47 PM
We have wondered around Epcot a bunch of times without the wristband. Sometimes we weren't staying on site, other times we were just plain lazy. We have never encountered an issue, at least at Epcot.

Daddy Mouse
08-02-2008, 07:39 PM
DW and I stayed at the MK for about an hour during EMH. We didn't shop or attempt to ride any rides. Nothing was said to us.

MickeysEars
08-02-2008, 08:38 PM
The only time I witnessed guests without wristbands being ushered out was at the Halloween party and the Christmas party. If the park is closed for non-property guests wouldn't they do the same? I guess I have never paid attention because we usually stay on the property. However, if i was able to stay in the park a little longer I would, I love the atmosphere, even without the rides.

MichaelMouse
08-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Attention: DISNEY EXECUTIVES!!!!

You need to start charging for EMH again.

I was in WDW 7/20-7/27 and I did not see any relief in long lines. The whole purpose of long hours in the park is to be able to get on and off rides more quickly. Spae Mountain had lines 60 minutes long 5 minutes before EMH closing. This was never the case when Disney was charging for the EMH.

SAVE EMH and bring back the original $10 charge if you want to be part of EMH:mickey::thumbsup:

gerald72
08-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Attention: DISNEY EXECUTIVES!!!!

You need to start charging for EMH again.

I was in WDW 7/20-7/27 and I did not see any relief in long lines. The whole purpose of long hours in the park is to be able to get on and off rides more quickly. Spae Mountain had lines 60 minutes long 5 minutes before EMH closing. This was never the case when Disney was charging for the EMH.

SAVE EMH and bring back the original $10 charge if you want to be part of EMH:mickey::thumbsup:

The just raised ticket prices. Isn't that good enough for you?

gerald72
08-03-2008, 01:24 PM
As long as someone isn't getting on attractions, what's the big deal if they stay in the parks?

MichaelMouse
08-04-2008, 03:39 PM
As long as someone isn't getting on attractions, what's the big deal if they stay in the parks?

The point is, they are going on the rides. duh. and there getting bottled up.

Disney is very expensive and worth every penny. Deal with it or stay home....its where MAgic lives.